does my chameleon look healthy?

This thread makes me feel sad. Please look at other members enclosure setups for ideas on how to hang plants and branches for bait to be happy on. I've been researching chams for several months and have a few more months to go before I even start setting up my new enclosure. The proper lights and basking temperature is very important to these reptiles. I hope you get it all worked out before its too late.

i would like to get a job so that i could better take care of my chameleon and do several other things, but im not old enough to get a job or even my permit. i would try lawn mowing, but everyone here has someone doing it for them already. most people i know put their pets in kennels when they leave to go on trips, so that doesn't work out even when i offer to watch them sometimes. i turn 15 in august, i'm going to apply for some jobs then.
You can advertise a dog walking service in your area. Lots of owners would love there dog to be walked while at work

This thread makes me feel sad. Please look at other members enclosure setups for ideas on how to hang plants and branches for bait to be happy on. I've been researching chams for several months and have a few more months to go before I even start setting up my new enclosure. The proper lights and basking temperature is very important to these reptiles. I hope you get it all worked out before its too late.
ok, i will. thanks so much!

i was told that giving bait some natural sunlight helps even more than the lightbulbs. just thought i'd let you guys know that my room is a sun room, which means my walls are mostly made of windows. i leave my blinds up almost 24/7 so bait gets a lot of natural light. sometimes i leave the windows open so she gets a nice breeze and stuff too.

i was told that giving bait some natural sunlight helps even more than the lightbulbs. just thought i'd let you guys know that my room is a sun room, which means my walls are mostly made of windows. i leave my blinds up almost 24/7 so bait gets a lot of natural light. sometimes i leave the windows open so she gets a nice breeze and stuff too.

Open those windows! It's is true that natural sunlight is best but if it is filtered through glass, fugetaboutit.

Open those windows! It's is true that natural sunlight is best but if it is filtered through glass, fugetaboutit.
awesome, thanks so much! i take her outside when i handle her too, so that's something she gets. i've been trying to handle her more so that she gets that sunlight

Glass filters 99.9% of helpful UVB rays. Open the windows or this does nothing for her. I take my chams outside and put them in a fake ficus for 20-30min a day 2 to 3x a week depending on the Weather

ok thanks! i'll look for more stuff to put in. i do have a question though, why do i need to upgrade lights BEFORE i get a fogger
if the lights arent fixed this is going to cause MBD in your cham. which will mean taking your cham to the vet multiple times and the vet bill will pile up more money than just getting the lights in the first place. also a fogger isnt as important as these lights are for your chams health.

if the lights arent fixed this is going to cause MBD in your cham. which will mean taking your cham to the vet multiple times and the vet bill will pile up more money than just getting the lights in the first place. also a fogger isnt as important as these lights are for your chams health.
i know, i was just wondering because of my friend who has a fogger and the same lights that i do. thanks!

You've had her for 3 months and this is all you've done for her? Would you want to live in that if you were used to living in huge lush trees?
I’m sure she’s here for advice, not to be judged like that.... I thought this Forum was friendly, but lots of Mean of people... Always the same too..... Instead of adding constructive criticism, just judge, That’s sad AF

I’m sure she’s here for advice, not to be judged like that.... I thought this Forum was friendly, but lots of Mean of people... Always the same too..... Instead of adding constructive criticism, just judge, That’s sad AF
How is her comment mean... I am sorry but the OP was told already what she needed to fix and why months ago. So why is it automatically us being mean? How is saying that they have had her 3 months and nothing has been improved bad? How is asking if that would be how they would want to live if they were used to living in large trees...

When the OP started out asking does my chameleon look healthy???? How are we supposed to approach it when we already have said what they need to do to fix stuff and they make no attempt to do so but then they want to know if their cham is healthy?

I do not see @Daesie11 comment as being mean at all.... just trying to make a point. We can't go to peoples houses and fix stuff for them. ALL we can do is point out what needs to be corrected and I will tell you that in the 8 months I have been a member here MAYBE 20% of the people that come here for "help" actually follow the advice given.

YES the OP Is 14! But it her job to advocate for her chameleon. It is her job to make her parents understand the needs of her chameleon. She has a female cham as well. If she can't even get her parents to help with lighting or the appropriate plants and branches then how is she going to do a lay bin?

I am sorry if you find this harsh but we can only give advice and when that is not taken and they come back asking for more help we feel like we are beating our heads against a wall!

Back
Top Bottom