Does it EVER stop?!?

maxttu

5 months into my chameleon husbandry I'm still looking, shopping, buying, master-planning, living every day for my Cham, etc... Maynard consumes almost every waking and sleeping moment of my life! I've even had friends on Facebook ask me if I still have a 5 yr old kid cuz all they ever see are pics of a "lizard"!! Lol! And the kicker of it all is that I love it! What have I gotten myself in to? Oh the joys... That is all. Have a great day y'all! :)

it never stops.
im a year in.. ive got 3 chams.. plus other animals.

and im planning on getting 2 more, and breeding.. so babies.. and babies... and yea.. chams.

i even dream of them.

it never stops.
im a year in.. ive got 3 chams.. plus other animals.

and im planning on getting 2 more, and breeding.. so babies.. and babies... and yea.. chams.

i even dream of them.

^^ that's what I'm talking about! Lol

:cool:ive got 2 veields, 1 hoe, one veiled and the hoe are being bred... then i have half of those clutches to raise.
i have a jax on hold.. and a panther at some point..
and then my veileds are going to breed.
and i have plans to breed the panther.. so i need to get a female panther for that.

and maybe even the jax....

and i need to build the cages for all of them..
and buy a mistking..
and
and
and

im nuts. i know.

So far (I think) I'm good with just the one! Don't know if my family can handle (survive) me getting another! I already spend waaaay too much time messing around with Maynard! Lol

give it time.
i used to think Kink my male veiled would be enough....
then i discovered hoes.. and i couldnt say no..

then someoen needed to rehome a female veiled.. and well.. im a sucker for that stuff..

and another member has a female veiled and female hoe.. and we decided we will breed my boys to her girls... and then my female when shes old enough....
and... well the jax is free.... and well... bout that... .haha..

my hubby thinks im nuts....

I have 2 chams and I am currently pricing up a 3rd viv & cham as we speak. I know I shouldnt because of space (or lack of) and its a pain when I want to go away - but they are just so amazing I want more and more.

I had a red-tail boa and a black and white tegu in college and I don't remember EVER thinking of them this much! Of course they're not as fragile as these lil love bugs... ;)

ive got four since november 2011! but ive owned veileds in the past my addiction ressurected! plus im older and more responsible with a well advanced species of lizards now!

5 months into my chameleon husbandry I'm still looking, shopping, buying, master-planning, living every day for my Cham, etc... Maynard consumes almost every waking and sleeping moment of my life! I've even had friends on Facebook ask me if I still have a 5 yr old kid cuz all they ever see are pics of a "lizard"!! Lol! And the kicker of it all is that I love it! What have I gotten myself in to? Oh the joys... That is all. Have a great day y'all! :)

Less then 2 months into chameleon ownership, i have already constructed a giant enclosure for a female Veil. I love it and i'm obsessed!!!

You've got into chameleons, it will never stop.......good news :) You'll get more at some point, I can tell that much :D

I'm not too sure about that!! I'm more concerned about raising this dude! I had a veiled that lasted exactly 3 days... :(

I'm not too sure about that!! I'm more concerned about raising this dude! I had a veiled that lasted exactly 3 days... :(

Don't be sad theres no way possible he died because of you after only 3 days. I only have one and wish I could get more but my snakes are taking up room for my future cham cages. Maybe I should just sell them...

I don't think it does...I too started with one. Then got another..and a third.. and now I have babies eating me out of house and home but I love it lol...I spend so much time watching them that my face actually started peeling and I'm convinced it was the UVB bulb lol...OOPS! Just can't help watching these little guys/gals! It's about time for them to go to new homes but I don't wanna give them up! Meanwhile my search for Cristatus continues with no luck thus far... :(

I am now almost 2 years into chameleon ownership... I have 2 veileds, 41 eggs in the incubator, and my boyfriend and I are laying out a blueprint for building a panther cage... Then we want 2 male panthers and possibly a quad sometime next year and the list goes on... It never stops!

i used to have a few veileds when i was younger, before i had kids and owned a house, i had some snakes as well. i can remember hiding all the "extra animals" i was bringing home in my closet as i was living with mom and dad still. its been about 13 yrs now, and about a month ago my daughter got 2 crested geckos from a friend of ours and immidiately sparked my love and interest of reptiles right back into action. within the last 2 weeks i have spent over $3000, and now have 2 male ambilobes, 1 female veiled, 1 male veiled and 2 leopard geckos. My wife thankfully loves them as well, but unfortunately is ready to kill me for the money ive spent. And for some reason i dont see and end to to me bringing more home, lol.

Is very bad when you forget to give the flu medicine to your 5 yr old boy but you remember to give the panacur to you cham. My wife almost kill me.

i have 4 chams and planning the 5th for next week

Back
Top Bottom