Does it affect me???

Anilr16

Ive wondered....does leaving on a UVB bulb on for the 12 hours my Chameleon uses it raise my parents energy/light bill?? juust curious, please help!
Ive heard it doesnt but that was from a friends opinion, not from someone who actually pays the bills. p.s. I didnt want to ask my parents because if it actually does...well you could figure out why id be nervous from there :D

Its only a 13W and ill put a 40-50W on for a couple hours a day. I have Rudis's which is why I only have a 13W. I had no clue. I thought I was burning my parents money by the minute. lol. Thanks!

No it isn't much at all. Let's do the math to break it down to make it understandable. If you keep the 13W bulb for 12 hours, that is a little over 150W of energy used. Now add in the 50W bulb for 2 hours, that's 100W.
All together, it is about 250W used throughout a day.
For comparison purposes, a standard bulb to light a room is 100W. So it would be like you turning on a light in a room for 2.5 hours.
Hope that helps.

No it isn't much at all. Let's do the math to break it down to make it understandable. If you keep the 13W bulb for 12 hours, that is a little over 150W of energy used. Now add in the 50W bulb for 2 hours, that's 100W.
All together, it is about 250W used throughout a day.
For comparison purposes, a standard bulb to light a room is 100W. So it would be like you turning on a light in a room for 2.5 hours.
Hope that helps.

Alright. Thank ya sooooo much Lancecham!
That conversion was very appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom