Does hair color affect your chameleon?

Misslazerstar

This is something I've been curious about lately, I change my hair color very often and I've read that our clothing colors can have an impact on our animals as well.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/clothing-color-and-chameleon-reactions.54761/page-1

I was wondering if any one else has personal experience with their hair color changing their chameleons mood. I have noticed when my hair is pink Merlin tends to be more standoffish. When my hair is black he tends to hiss and puff, when my hair is green or blue he tends to be very calm and almost even friendly.

Chameleons communicate a large piece of their mood trough color (and posture) so it's only natural they also respond to colors.

I have not noticed such behavior myself, my jax is pretty consistent with his 'I don't care' attitude and my panther is also fairly consistent with his interest in food and his more outgoing personality.

Hmm interesting my hair never really changes but my clothes does. Maybe time for some experiments :p although Oscar acts pretty much the same tho

Green should be a safe color as it's their normal back ground. I've just seen reactions to their display colors. I'd say brown was a safe color choice.

Red is a no go for O. Haha, see what I did there?

I used to have a pet sitter who was a lifeguard and she would come after work. I had a bath robe for her to put on because her red swimsuit/jacket really upset Ophelia. I don't wear red anymore, either

Yoshi hasn't been affected by any colors, hair or clothes, but he's been relatively bomb-proof about EVERYTHING he's come across aside from being hangry occasionally haha

Back
Top Bottom