Does anyone use a regular cool mist humidifier?

Kansascity

Just asking my house has a built in humidifying system but is currently not in operation. Anyhow How long should I run it per day. I mist 4 times per day each cage for 5-7 min. The reason I run humidifiers throughout my house is because it is seriously dry air and we all suffer from allergies and dry sinus.

I have two in my chameleons room. I run one 24 hours a day and both at night right now. I keep the window partly open to keep the temperature right, so some of the humidity escapes. You can probably just let it run all the time or at least just at night when you're not misting. Just put a hygrometer next to the cage to tell you the humidity and adjust how long you run the humidifier so you get at least 60% humidity between mistings.

I run the cool ultrasonic humidifer that holds a 20oz bottle of water from walgreens and when my lights are on it is on.

Jack. I fill the bottle 2 times a day and no worries. I only get 50% humidity but you know what the weather is here in the midwest and my furnace eats my humidity up. I see no harm in a humidifer.

I use a digital/programmable cool mist humidifier in my chams room, I set it for 50% humidity so it shuts off when it gets there, it runs alot in our dry winter.

Thanks for the replies. I do monitor the humidity with the hydrometer each cage has one, only thing I hate is my wood floors have to be dried from the humidifier going every 3 hours.

is that the same kind or type of humidifier you use when a baby or any person is ill? and I suppose you dont use it with the vicks vapor rub tab either...

is that the same kind or type of humidifier you use when a baby or any person is ill? and I suppose you dont use it with the vicks vapor rub tab either...

it is a cool mist humidifier YES the same as you would use if your were sick or not. No I don’t use Vick’s Vapor rub or anything do not have that type of humidifier.

I bought them at Target I would say about 40 bucks! its one that shoots out like vapor and you can control the output Here is a pic, of one.

hahaaa, nice hello kitty!

I saw on youtube that this kid made a fogger for his pac man frog out of a humidifier..I've been thinking it'd be pretty cool to be able to do something like it for my Veileds

hahaaa, nice hello kitty!

I saw on youtube that this kid made a fogger for his pac man frog out of a humidifier..I've been thinking it'd be pretty cool to be able to do something like it for my Veileds

O I forgot to add (in my expertise of BEING a mother of 4 beautiful girls, yes 4) clean this humidifier at least once per month. You can use vinegar or regular bleach (if Bleach only a 2 capfuls, I also use Q tips for nooks and crannies, Rinse very well and let airdry ) this particular humidifier can collect mold on the inside very easily, which can make you sick or any animal for that matter.

I have seen them for as low as $30 and then all the way up to around $200, it just depends on the size, and the brand.

Back
Top Bottom