Does anyone know what this is?

KingLoki729

Do you guys know what this is? I don’t think it’s mouth rot it almost looks like bug juice, and if you guys do know what it is do you know how to get rid of it?

Attachments

• 20D2111A-B656-4CD1-8CDB-77B3459BB288.jpeg
    20D2111A-B656-4CD1-8CDB-77B3459BB288.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 86
  • D22E7C5E-A7F7-4498-B943-6156C8B66681.jpeg
    D22E7C5E-A7F7-4498-B943-6156C8B66681.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 85
That first pic looks really bad and does look like mouth rot to me... If you zoom in it looks like the scales are actually gone. The other side looks like infection aka puss. IMO Vet trip asap with an exotic vet that actually knows chameleons.
On the first pic the scales aren’t gone it’s just the picture, it looks like leftover food that’s kind of hanging out of his mouth and it’s curled up, I just looked at the picture and I see what you’re saying. It almost looks like I could pull it off of his mouth if I wanted to but I’m not going to try that. I’ve never seen mouth rot before so I don’t know what to look for exactly.

On the first pic the scales aren’t gone it’s just the picture, it looks like leftover food that’s kind of hanging out of his mouth and it’s curled up, I just looked at the picture and I see what you’re saying. It almost looks like I could pull it off of his mouth if I wanted to but I’m not going to try that. I’ve never seen mouth rot before so I don’t know what to look for exactly.
Can you get a picture of the inside of his mouth? If it is bug guts. A wet qtip GENTLY trying to see if it comes off. But that one side when I make it bigger sure does not look that way. Maybe post more pics closer so I can really see it. :)

Back
Top Bottom