Does anyone know of a pump that will turn on as water fills up?

Yeah. Just set it to go off when the float is in the up position. Use a small powerhead if its 20 gallons. The aqualifter would take forever.

So I'm working on this stand that will hold my dragonstrand atrium. It's pretty much done, I just need to wait for the stores to get some plants that are large enough.

At the bottom I have a long bin that probably fits 20 gallons or so. It was the best I could fit under. My plan is to put a submersible pump in the bin and have it pump drainage water out the window to water the plants. Since I mist a lot for my Parsons(at least 30 minutes a day) this thing will be filling up fast. Instead of worrying about flooding the floor every day I was wondering if there was a small pump out there that can sense when water fills up and send it out. Kind of like a reverse auto top off for a fish tank. I guess like a sump pump for a basement, but small enough to fit in that drainage bin.
Did you plant directly into that box and have that as the bottom of your parson cage?

Do you have any problems with him eating the dirt? Some people are saying that parsons love to eat the dirt in with plants. I love the idea of planting straight into the box and then allowing the water to filter out through the dirt, allows for less watering of your plants and also looks really good. I was going to do this but then people mentioned parsons eating the dirt and becoming compacted.

Do you have any problems with him eating the dirt? Some people are saying that parsons love to eat the dirt in with plants. I love the idea of planting straight into the box and then allowing the water to filter out through the dirt, allows for less watering of your plants and also looks really good. I was going to do this but then people mentioned parsons eating the dirt and becoming compacted.

I was inspired by extensionofgreen's epic parsonii build(which I got to see in person even!). He never had issues with it so I went ahead and did the same. I've seen him on a few occasions shoot at a little piece of dirt or whatever, but never actively eating piles of dirt. He's had access to soil for a few years now and I never had problems. His outside enclosure is covered in dirt and leaves at the bottom and he doesn't bother with it.

I was inspired by extensionofgreen's epic parsonii build(which I got to see in person even!). He never had issues with it so I went ahead and did the same. I've seen him on a few occasions shoot at a little piece of dirt or whatever, but never actively eating piles of dirt. He's had access to soil for a few years now and I never had problems. His outside enclosure is covered in dirt and leaves at the bottom and he doesn't bother with it.
Awesome thank you. I guess I will move forward with my plan.

Back
Top Bottom