does anyone else’s cham do this ?

summerlake

Sometimes i walk in on my cham just hanging on the ceiling of his enclosure upside down. Does anyone else’s do this i think it’s kinda interesting but does it mean anything? He’s kind of a character in general lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 65
Beman's recommendation should be your first step in solving this issue. If you're using a compact UVB bulb and no basking branches, your chameleon is likely trying to get the UVB it needs.

Have you made any changes in your husbandry with the feedback I gave you in this thread? https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/please-help-how-to-work-ceramic-heating.174483/

Your still using a compact UVB bulb. And it does not appear that you have added basking branches. So he is going to the ceiling to get heat and UVB. This is very dangerous as they risk thermal burns being on top of the heat fixture.
It just came in the mail actually so i’ll go ahead and put it in today and add the branches in.

The highest branch should be 9 inches below the fixture with the fixture directly on the cage.
I just put the new lighting in and i’m working on the branches as we speak does this look alright? i’m also in the midst of building a new larger enclosure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 50
I just put the new lighting in and i’m working on the branches as we speak does this look alright? i’m also in the midst of building a new larger enclosure.
The light looks fine. :) But you will still need the basking fixture with just the basking bulb not the coil uvb bulb. You can toss that one out now.

Back
Top Bottom