Do you recommend the Extreme Large Chameleon Kit from FLchams

FloodedYeti

I'm looking at getting a panther cham and I saw this if I got the kit what other things should get extra things with it (other than food and the cham itself and maybe a book on panther chams)

I'm looking at getting a panther cham and I saw this if I got the kit what other things should get extra things with it (other than food and the cham itself and maybe a book on panther chams)
Can you post some info on the kit to make it easier for us to tell you whether or not its adequate?
More often than not "chameleon kits" are no good, but considering this comes from a good breeder its possible it has at least some of what you need.

I think this is the kit she’s talking about.
https://flchams.com/chameleon/large-chameleon-cage-kit-for-sale/

While this is not a bad kit as the true chameleon kits you find in pet stores. Your still going to need a lot more climbing branches and foliage such as live plants and real branches to really give the chameleon what it needs. The light fixture is not bad either but your best bet is a 24 inch fixture for a cage that size. Your also going to need more supplements than what the kit gives you. And a you’ll need to buy a hygrometer to read humidity. It gives a spray bottle too for misting. This is nice short term but I’d highly recommend an automatic misting system such as climist or mistking. Definitely not a bad kit to start out with puts you in the right direction but you will still need to buy other items if you go this route.

^^agree with everything said above it’s a good start but you still need to add more. A good set up will cost at least $1000 honestly

^^agree with everything said above it’s a good start but you still need to add more. A good set up will cost at least $1000 honestly
That's a @Beman setup. Some of us budget shopped and did it for half that. Now do I recommend my way for everyone? Absolutely not. I have the time and means to do it in this budget range. Others do not or will not lol.

That's a @Beman setup. Some of us budget shopped and did it for half that. Now do I recommend my way for everyone? Absolutely not. I have the time and means to do it in this budget range. Others do not or will not lol.
Ummmm mine was more than $1000. thank you very much lol. Also I am anal with the cham cages. So I over spend. You don't have to overspend to do it right.

Your right lol I think mine with bargain shopping was a $500 setup for both cages. I’m that person with zip lock bags in her purse ;)

For the vines if you want to go the natural way I love these vines. They are made of grapevine and super long you will honest only need 3 with how long they are

https://www.michaels.com/15ft-grape...87550.html?productsource=SLOT:Recently Viewed
3598EB4D-54F2-40C0-9931-FE938F6B9BC9.png

My chameleon says YES my pocket says NO haha. You can definitely budget shop for these guys and still have a proper setup I’d say at least 500 is the minimum setup though your going to spend. That’s not including the food these guys eat. That’s a whole other expense to worry about.
That’s why I bought a colony and advice new keepers to do the same. So much less stress when you have a growing chameleon to feed

Ok I am going to add my feedback here on this "kit" One this is in reality about $200 worth of stuff if you smart buy your items.... and the items kinda suck.

• Cage 24 x 24 x 48 Good size
  • 75 Watt Heat Bulb ok
  • 5 1/2″ Clamp Lamp ok but what is this rated for the highest wattage.... Most of the 5.5 inch have a max wattage of 75 so you cant use a stronger bulb if needed.
  • 20″ Fluorescent Fixture Not long enough... It is a 24 inch cage so this is going to leave 2 inches on both sides void of full coverage.. Not to mention it will be sitting directly on the screen instead of the cage edges.
  • Reptisun 5.0 18″ Fluorescent Bulb Good for a single fixture T5Ho
  • (2) Exo Terra Vine – Small YUCK
  • (2) Exo Terra Large Ampallo Plastic YUCK
  • Leaves So plastic lovely just what every cham wants to snuggle up to. YUCK
  • Zoo Med Calcium w/ D3 Ok good But they are not including a calcium without D3 here..
  • Reptivite Here is your multi and it is a better one... As long as it is reptivite without D3.
  • Zoo Med Digital Thermometer Ok so no hydrometer so you have to buy that additionally.
  • Reptile Spray Bottle What kind??? There are some that straight up suck... and handmisting gets old fast for both you and your cham.

I think this is the kit she’s talking about.
https://flchams.com/chameleon/large-chameleon-cage-kit-for-sale/

While this is not a bad kit as the true chameleon kits you find in pet stores. Your still going to need a lot more climbing branches and foliage such as live plants and real branches to really give the chameleon what it needs. The light fixture is not bad either but your best bet is a 24 inch fixture for a cage that size. Your also going to need more supplements than what the kit gives you. And a you’ll need to buy a hygrometer to read humidity. It gives a spray bottle too for misting. This is nice short term but I’d highly recommend an automatic misting system such as climist or mistking. Definitely not a bad kit to start out with puts you in the right direction but you will still need to buy other items if you go this route.

Hey look! Its kit that isnt utter garbage lol! No need for me to add anything else to this thread honestly, everyones got it covered.

Ok I am going to add my feedback here on this "kit" One this is in reality about $200 worth of stuff if you smart buy your items.... and the items kinda suck.

• 75 Watt Heat Bulb ok
  • 5 1/2″ Clamp Lamp ok but what is this rated for the highest wattage.... Most of the 5.5 inch have a max wattage of 75 so you cant use a stronger bulb if needed.
  • 20″ Fluorescent Fixture Not long enough... It is a 24 inch cage so this is going to leave 2 inches on both sides void of full coverage.. Not to mention it will be sitting directly on the screen instead of the cage edges.
  • Zoo Med Calcium w/ D3 Ok good But they are not including a calcium without D3 here..
  • Reptivite Here is your multi and it is a better one... As long as it is reptivite without D3.
  • Zoo Med Digital Thermometer Ok so no hydrometer so you have to buy that additionally.
  • Reptile Spray Bottle What kind??? There are some that straight up suck... and handmisting gets old fast for both you and your cham.

Im trying to picture you picking up the vines like a dead mouse...YUCK!

• 75 Watt Heat Bulb ok
Yeah kits are usually cheap and bad

Back
Top Bottom