Do you recommend the Extreme Large Chameleon Kit from FLchams

I think this is the kit she’s talking about.
https://flchams.com/chameleon/large-chameleon-cage-kit-for-sale/

While this is not a bad kit as the true chameleon kits you find in pet stores. Your still going to need a lot more climbing branches and foliage such as live plants and real branches to really give the chameleon what it needs. The light fixture is not bad either but your best bet is a 24 inch fixture for a cage that size. Your also going to need more supplements than what the kit gives you. And a you’ll need to buy a hygrometer to read humidity. It gives a spray bottle too for misting. This is nice short term but I’d highly recommend an automatic misting system such as climist or mistking. Definitely not a bad kit to start out with puts you in the right direction but you will still need to buy other items if you go this route.
Yeah I was planning on getting a house plant and other vines and stuff (The ones that are the right size branches so their feet don't get swollen/hurt) that they recommend on this site (I think they have recommended plants)

My chameleon says YES my pocket says NO haha. You can definitely budget shop for these guys and still have a proper setup I’d say at least 500 is the minimum setup though your going to spend. That’s not including the food these guys eat. That’s a whole other expense to worry about.
I have most of the food covered like cricket cages and stuff since I have a bearded dragon but I plan on getting a bigger cricket cage

I’m not going to tell you what you should or shouldn’t buy but honestly your probably better off buying this stuff individually than getting a “kit” like Beman said. The cage and starter mistking is going to be around $270 give or take. You can buy a starter mistking for 130$ Free shipping on joshsfrogs.com and a cage from diy cages for 115$ on sale shipping not included. So that leaves around $270 to spare to buy the appropriate size 24 inch T5HO fixture and The basking bulb fixture. A basking fixture like flukers dimmer dome will cost around $20. Incandescent bulbs are super cheap. You can get a pretty cheap double bulb T5HO fixture by zoomed or oddysea and an appropriate uvb bulb and plant bulb for around $60-70. This leaves you around $180 still to spare on your supplements and vitamins which aren’t to expensive if you look around so thats another $30 I’d say. The digital temperature and humidity gauges you can find for around $10 apiece on amazon. Then all that’s really left is live and fake plants to buy and branches from outside for free. You can also buy things like grape vine and manzanita branches. Like I said I’m not telling you what to buy but I honestly think you’ll save some going this route. Not a lot but at least you’ll have quality products instead of some of the stuff you might not even use in that kit.

Last edited:
My 2 cents would be get a mist king from the start.

I tried the cheaper ones, and ended up getting a mist king anyway.

They are just great, and I wish I just got the started kit on day 1
(If you only need 10 or less cages to mist)

I maxed out all my credit cards because I bought the cheap chameleon set and a cheap mister at first. 2 days later I upgraded. Wish I would’ve kept the boxed :-/

Easily spend $1500, prob more

Back
Top Bottom