Do you know what’s going on??

Carloscruz

Avid Member
I’m so confused on what’s going on with her spine. Please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 83
How could they be burns the way I have it set up she can’t get up there I just saw the ones on her side today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 66
Those are thermal burns all along the spine. What kind of bulb and strength are you using in that dome? ^^^^^ agree with above for the silver cream is needed asap.

In the mean time you need to put something on it. The ONLY thing you could grab over the counter would be plain neosporin, the kind without any additional pain meds. But this is only a temp thing to help her.

Ok I don’t have the box for the light but it is a 75w and her basking area is 80
Do you know what type of bulb you bought though? does it have a flat bottom? These are more of a focused heat bulb they end up being really intense. Regular Incandescent household bulbs are the best. 60 watt would do plenty for the temps she should be at of 78-80max end.

How are you measuring the basking area?

I’m measuring the basking area with a thermometer The thermometer says about 78 but you have to add The temperature higher because of her height

It has a flat bottom
so it is more then likely a focused heat bulb.... These are no good with chams. I am betting your temps are much hotter then you thought.

so you have a guage with a probe? focused heat bulbs don't heat an area as much as they heat a spot up. :(

Pull the bulb put in a 60 watt regular incandesent and get her into a vet to get the silver sulfadiazene cream.

The silver sulfadiazene cream the vet gives you will be a big help and is easy to apply. My chameleon had some burns early on too, the vet caught it in it's earliest stages. It's amazing how easily they burn themselves. Good thing you noticed and came on here and are getting her treatment.

I’m sorry this happened but glad you asked for help. I hope you can get her into a good Cham vet quickly as this is most likely very painful for her!

Thanks I took her to a vet a couple weeks ago but honestly I knew more than the vet knows he said that it was a vitamin a deficiency so I will not be taking her back to that vet

Back
Top Bottom