Do You Heat Your Misting System's Water?

rcutchens

I'll be receiving a Mist King misting system in the coming week and wanted to know if other owners -

1. Heat the water in their misting systems water resevoir?

2. If so, what do you use to heat the water?

3. Lastly, what temperature do you heat it to?

I'm thinking that I'd like to heat the water so that it's warmer when it's misted and thought about using an aquarium heater but getting one small enough for the bucket could prove challenging. There are small ones out there that are full submersible that would work but they are preset to 78 degrees and I'm not sure if that's warm enough because I'm sure the water temperature will drop several degrees once the mist is sent into the air.

It may not be that important and I'm probably just over-thinking things but I thought I'd ask to see what others do. :) :p

Use the search function and you'll find out that it has been discussed in detail many times over.

Also, 2 hours is not nearly long enough to let everyone chime in. I bet we'll see some action soon! ;)

I have heated it before to about 80 degrees in the holding tank and the chams seemed to love it it came out of the nozzle at about 76 degrees rather that the 60 something it usually is sitting on my basement floor here in minnesota. Plus it raises the humidity more when warm. I did find when you heat it your holding tank has to be 200 % steralized or you will be condoning bacteria to grow much fasted than they normally would.

I have a small 15W heater that doesn't have any adjustment on it. It keeps the water only slightly above 80. I had an old one that broke recently that I used to crank and keep the water around 90 and the cham really liked the warm mist.

I used an aquarium heater. Unfortuantely, I got a 5 gal aquarium heater for my 5 gal bucket, and now I have a 20 gal bucket and the heater is useless! :D I need a gold fish or something now to use the heater for something. But anyway, I always set it to the highest temp it went to, about 90* and the mist came out warmish. The guys loooooved it so much. One of these days I'll go back to Petsmart or something and invest in a heater powerful enough for all the water I use!

I use a 5 gallon container with an aquarium heater. It's been keeping the water warm enough so when the water comes out of the nozzle its warmish. I'm looking into an inline heater to bump the temp up a bit.

A surprise added benefit to the warm bucket of water is when I have a cricket get out of an enclosure the cricket seems to stay near the bucket for warmth. It makes it easier for me to catch the elusive chirping cricket in the middle of the night :)

yes my spoiled little chams have heated water. I use a 300 watt fully submersible aquarium heater in a 5 gal bucket and the water is very warm. chameleons like it what more do I need to say?

Use the search function and you'll find out that it has been discussed in detail many times over.

Also, 2 hours is not nearly long enough to let everyone chime in. I bet we'll see some action soon! ;)

You're right and I apologize CNorton! I get a little anxious sometime and, like you said, I can't imagine that there are any questions and/or issues I come up with that haven't been discussed on here in the past.

I'll make a point to use the search tool first in the future. :mad:

You're right and I apologize CNorton! I get a little anxious sometime and, like you said, I can't imagine that there are any questions and/or issues I come up with that haven't been discussed on here in the past.

I'll make a point to use the search tool first in the future. :mad:

I usually try to place the reservoir next to a furnace vent, a radiator, etc rather than heat the water itself. I've never actively heated the water because I don't want to deal with bacterial growth in the system. Most of the places I live have extremely high electricity rates too, so lights are more critical.

I use a 60 watt fully submersible fish tank heater. Algae grew in the water. so I tried to place a lid on the bucket and today I go to fill up the water and the heater had busted! Great so now my mist king was spraying out nasty water with god knows what in it, and I'm out 30 bucks for the heater.

yes my spoiled little chams have heated water. I use a 300 watt fully submersible aquarium heater in a 5 gal bucket and the water is very warm. chameleons like it what more do I need to say?

WOW that there is the definition of overkill...lol
I have a 300w Titanium heater on my 60gallon cube aquarium and the temp is constant 80 with no problem even with ambient air temp at 60 or lower at night during the winter

I use a 60 watt fully submersible fish tank heater. Algae grew in the water. so I tried to place a lid on the bucket and today I go to fill up the water and the heater had busted! Great so now my mist king was spraying out nasty water with god knows what in it, and I'm out 30 bucks for the heater.

what brand did you purchase.

where can i find an inline heater. i know theres ones for aquariums but Im pretty sure that they have to have water in them at all times

Back
Top Bottom