do you breed or buy crickets?

mismo2

im wondering how many people breed crickets vs buying?
how many chams or cricket eating monsters do you have?

i buy mine because i can afford it and i only feed one cricket killer...my cham eats them and my beardie is off of them and onto super/silks/horns....lol the good life according to his recent growth spurt and increasing wieght at nearly a year old.

but 500 last me a good 3 to 3 and a half weeks

I do both. I breed for Pinheads for my babies.

I buy the rest, 10,000+ crix/mth fed off is a lot!

proud owner of a brand new first succesfull attempt at breeding crickets about three days ago and so far so good

I buy since i can afford it + i have to much time on my hands to take care of crickets and a cham heh, it is a good idea though if you dont have good income

I breed my own but not extremely successfully. Mostly to feed pinheads to my darts, the second my cricket production started to get going both of my Chams decided to stop eating them:rolleyes:

I buy all of my crickets at the moment but I'm also trying to breed my own just to save some money.

Thought you had another cham after Betty and before Leo?

NO i had BEn(ita), then Betty. Betty passed and I bought Leo. We rehomed Ben. A friend came over and fell in love with her so she went with them..so nope, just Leo and Me until my er, hubbys, jacksons is ready next month.

500 last 3 weeks for 1 cham? How old is the cham?
Most of mine would die before I got through 500. I order 100 from Georgiabugs and they last about 2 weeks in my frog tank and I buy Leo about 25 a week..so, 200 a month between the 2 of them..then again, Leo is older..

I'm hoping to be breeding dubias starting this spring, I detest crickets! Smelly, awful noisy buggers.

Back
Top Bottom