Do possums eat chameleons

Ben28tx

I’ve looked online and found no answer.
My panther chameleon has a 4 x 4 x 6 cage for about 4-5 years and now something finally tried getting inside the cage last night. Made a huge hole. Luckily the panther was ok and now she’s inside my house.
But do possums eat chameleons?
I figure if it was a cat or raccoon my chameleon would be dead.

The whole cage is protected by chicken wire except the front door side.

Rats also tear holes in screen. Cats and tear a very big hole, too. Our cameras pick up a cat tearing a very big hole at the top of our screen porch.

Just sucks now cuz after years outside I gotta bring him in at night and take him outside in the mornings

Which I already do when it’s cold or too too hot but now it’s an every night thing I guess

Can’t risk leaving him in cage again over night

Just sucks now cuz after years outside I gotta bring him in at night and take him outside in the mornings

Which I already do when it’s cold or too too hot but now it’s an every night thing I guess

But is still much better than going out one morning and he’s gone.

You could build him and outside save cage. That what my husband did when we lived in Fl. I’ll get you the link.

This shows the process of the build up to the finished product.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/the-chameleons-are-getting-new-outside-sun-cages.150826/

I just listened to a podcast of opossums. It seem unlikely it would be an opossum; they mostly eat bugs and critters smaller than chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom