Do i really need an automatic mister?

FAIL

If I can mist 2-3 times a day, and have an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier, and a dripper? I was thinking about getting a habba mist, but do I need it with what i already have?

the automated mister really is as simple as How easy do you want to make your life, i bought one because i could not be home all day to mist his enclosure, and i needed it to do it when i can't be home.

just got done building a stand and drilling a few wholes in the bottom. it now drips into the plastic pan that was once inside. everything's set up waiting on my new baby ambilobe(from lance)

I would do a search on a Habba mist before you buy one :(:( they dont sound good, your better off with a mist king. even though I dont have one they seem to be the best in the states.

iF u dont have time to do the mistings yourself....then yea....probably get an auto mister if I know Im gonna be gone all day, I put the drippers on and add ice cubes on the cages.

i've had my cham and habba mist for about a month and a half. the mister broke this week. i switched to a dripper and hand spray, which i recommend.

Habba Mist is garbage. I went through 5 units in 2 years... clogging, noise, burnout, poor spray... for the same money, invest in a Mist King unit... the best thing with Mist King is it's only approx. $15 to add another cage to the system (if you add another cham)...

Habba Mist is garbage. I went through 5 units in 2 years... clogging, noise, burnout, poor spray... for the same money, invest in a Mist King unit... the best thing with Mist King is it's only approx. $15 to add another cage to the system (if you add another cham)...

Same money?? Where are u getting your mist king?? habbas are 49.00 mist king is 100.00

I've had chams six years, and never had an automatic mister. I give a good long misting in the morning and have a drip system that drips slowly through the day; that's generally been enough. I'll mist the pygmies in the afternoon, too. It may help that my big guys (first a Jackson's, now a panther) have been attracted to the dripper and will drink directly from it.

Buy a Mist King, done.

You'll have everything you need and won't have to worry.

I only suggest this because if you are anything like a normal person... you might wake up late one morning... run out the door and not be able to mist.... or you need to run out to get the kids.... or whatever, you have a life, so you can't always mist them yourself. This is why I think they are good, your cham won't go without water.

Same money?? Where are u getting your mist king?? habbas are 49.00 mist king is 100.00

Canada.

Habba Mist is CDN$98, Mist King is CDN$99 (if you catch him at the Expo)...

Edit: Mist King system also allows you to store substantially more water in the resevoir (if you desire, as you provide the resevoir)...

Last edited:
If you can put a dripper that will last long enough for your time away, then do that. You will manage less water, and not risk accidents with 5 gallons of water as a potential issue. If not, Mist King or a pond pump.:D

Nick

You dont need a misting system at all. If you use a dripper, hand mist as necessary, why spend the money on a system? I guess it depends on how many chameleons you have, how humid (or not) it is where you live, and how strong/weak you hands are and whether or not you have time to visit the needs of your chameleon at least daily?

Back
Top Bottom