Do I need to mist if I have a dripper?

ZiggyStardust

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my set up for Zig in a few weeks - at the moment I have an Exo-Terra glass viv and I am looking at the Reptibreeze mesh enclosures. Until I do this, however, I have a problem with drainage, as my viv has a glass bottom and I have to mop up the excess water from misting a lot. I have a Zoo-Med Little Dripper, which is great - I have it on quite slowly and it drips one drop of water onto the plant leaves about once every two to three seconds. I have actually seen Ziggy drinking directly from the plastic tube over the last few days, when before I had not seen him drink at all, although he must have been, as shows no sign of dehydration.

My query is -if I have a dripper going for 12 hours, providing a constant supply of drinking water and also keeping up the humidity, is there any need to mist?

Thanks.

No. A misting system is a set it and forget comfort, and some chams just wont drink till you hose down their heads for five minutes for some reason :p

I also cant get a dripper to work for more than a few hours, and i work, so i have a mister. i dont have dranage, but the cage is above a $10 concrete mixing tub so i just drain it once every 2 weeks in the summer, and winter is so dry i never have to drain it.

Personally I would still mist. Mist for humidity and drip for the animal to drink from. Misting is going to give much less excess water than a dripper will.

I personally most three times a day and use a dripper a few times a week

Back
Top Bottom