Do chameleons shake their head when they’re in heat?

My veiled chameleon is just a little over two years old, and over the past year he has became sexually mature (humping my hand a lot lol). Recently he has been A LOT more horny than usual, I handle him all the time because he loves being out and exploring but the second I handle him he will clamp himself down and try to hump me! And I’ll have to put him away because he doesn’t stop trying. However my boyfriend has noticed he has been shaking/vibrating his head. I have also noticed this, but only when my boyfriend is near him. Since I give him his vitamins, calcium and gutload his food etc I’m wondering whether he is doing this as a threat/sign of dominance? There seems to be no other obvious sign of a health issue (his colours are fine, he’s peeling okay, poop is okay, and his weight is okay). So is he just trying to tell my boyfriend to pee off so he can have his way with me lol?!

My veiled chameleon is just a little over two years old, and over the past year he has became sexually mature (humping my hand a lot lol). Recently he has been A LOT more horny than usual, I handle him all the time because he loves being out and exploring but the second I handle him he will clamp himself down and try to hump me!
I think the reason he likes being out so much is because he's looking for love in all the wrong places.

And I’ll have to put him away because he doesn’t stop trying. However my boyfriend has noticed he has been shaking/vibrating his head. I have also noticed this, but only when my boyfriend is near him. Since I give him his vitamins, calcium and gutload his food etc I’m wondering whether he is doing this as a threat/sign of dominance?
So is he just trying to tell my boyfriend to pee off so he can have his way with me lol?!
Possibly(?) IDK, but I wonder if he's picking up pheromones off of either/both of you, or somehow knows the difference between you.

Interesting behavior & question. 🤓

I agree that likely since he has found someone "willing to mate with him" metaphorically, anyone else is a threat and to be dominated or driven away.

I think the reason he likes being out so much is because he's looking for love in all the wrong places.
Hahaha, well... he used to come out to explore. My baby isn't innocent anymore 🥺
Possibly(?) IDK, but I wonder if he's picking up pheromones off of either/both of you, or somehow knows the difference between you.

Interesting behavior & question. 🤓
Yeah, I was thinking maybe something like this is happening. I'll just have to keep an eye on him!

I agree that likely since he has found someone "willing to mate with him" metaphorically, anyone else is a threat and to be dominated or driven away.
Lol well I'm going to have to turn him down unfortunately for him. It's definitely fascinating and strange how he's acting though!

Back
Top Bottom