Do chameleons relax?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jevin, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Jevin

Jevin Established Member

Just posting this as I caught Chandler sitting on one of his vines about two hours before his lights turn off just laying on it, I checked his Temps and humidity and I know his supplements and feeder gut load are good. Anyways, my first chameleon never did this, and when I opened his cage, he got up and climbed away.
    Sorry for the bad photo quality, didn't have ideal lighting.
    20171114_174551.jpg

2. CJ's Exotics

CJ's Exotics Established Member

Looks like he was getting ready for bed. Show us some night pics if you can! They have brilliant night colors, that just glow! :)

Katacara likes this.
  3. Jevin

Jevin Established Member

So he's essentially set up shop, and is so lazy that he's basically balancing on the vine instead of holding on?

Katacara and CJ's Exotics like this.
  4. CJ's Exotics

Probably.

5. Jevin

Jevin Established Member

Well, I got my answer, he was being lazy. He moved from the spot, but just to see if it was really easy to balance something right there, I did this... 15107111240281037988177.jpg
    Chandler was not too pleased that I figured out his lazy spot...

Macasus, Katacara and kinyonga like this.
  6. CJ's Exotics

Haha, that is funny! He is so gorgeous!

7. Jevin

Jevin Established Member

Literally was able to place the infrared thermometer on the vine and it balanced perfectly lol

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  8. kinyonga

kinyonga Chameleon Enthusiast

Very interesting!

9. bishop

bishop Member

Mine always tends to set up shop 90-120 minutes before bedtime. She’s active all throughout the day, and I like seeing her chillax and settle in for the night. Beautiful when she sleeps, turns a certain orange/pink with shades of blue.

10. Jevin

Jevin Established Member

Took a few days to get a picture of Chandler's Pj's but here they are 20171117_031318.jpg

funnyCAT140, Macasus and CJ's Exotics like this.