DIY Misting System Complete

Great job! Thank you so much @dshuld for all your help! You are a good person! I can't wait to see the outcomes to your breeding projects with all the love and care you put in to them!

@Chameleon Mike I am very impressed with you too! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Matt. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your advise and knowledge. You share your expertise in order to better the community of chameleon owners and the well being of these beautiful animals.
Thank you Matt.

Sorry, meant to add this yesterday, the 5 gallon buckets seen to act as an echo chamber with that pump. The first one I did was a 5 gal and I screwed the pump down too. It was beyond noisy when I ran it that way. I took the screws back out and that helped a little. Then I swapped to the hdx tubs I sent the pics of and it took some of that noise away. Have a new pump coming today that I'm gonna try another version of this setup with so if it quiets it down I'll let you know.

Sorry, meant to add this yesterday, the 5 gallon buckets seen to act as an echo chamber with that pump. The first one I did was a 5 gal and I screwed the pump down too. It was beyond noisy when I ran it that way. I took the screws back out and that helped a little. Then I swapped to the hdx tubs I sent the pics of and it took some of that noise away. Have a new pump coming today that I'm gonna try another version of this setup with so if it quiets it down I'll let you know.

Great thanks for the help I'll have to try that. That pump is crazy loud the way it is. You were a big help for this, made all the difference in the world.

Thank you.

Great thanks for the help I'll have to try that. That pump is crazy loud the way it is. You were a big help for this, made all the difference in the world.

Thank you.

Yeah it is but, for the price it does the job well I suppose lol. The one coming today I'm going to try on a gasket box hard plumbed through the lid with the pump "hanging" above the box. Should give me an idea on if it's capable of running the 1/2 pvc supply on the racks like we talked about.

Definitely does the job for about half the cost. I was thinking of trying some construction foam under the pump as well.

The pump is really strong. That relief value is definitely needed with this set up. I'm sure as I run more nozzles I won't needed to keep it open so much.

Definitely does the job for about half the cost. I was thinking of trying some construction foam under the pump as well.

The pump is really strong. That relief value is definitely needed with this set up. I'm sure as I run more nozzles I won't needed to keep it open so much.

The foam may work nicely. A folded wash cloth between the pump and bucket made it tolerable for me.

The reptiles have there own room so the noise won’t bother me. I just don’t want to drop another $200 on another misting setup

The downside is the pumps last 12 to 14 months typically and the noise of course. It's a ~$20 pump though so it should be expected really lol. But, tbh, if it wasn't for wanting the seconds timer for the baby rack, I wouldn't have the only mistking I do have.

Looks awesome! But, I would suggest soldering and heat shrinking the wires to the power supply. That way you don’t have to worry about it getting wet and causing a short.

Bill

Looks awesome! But, I would suggest soldering and heat shrinking the wires to the power supply. That way you don’t have to worry about it getting wet and causing a short.

Bill

You could but then you can't use the warranty/ return period due to modifying the product. Some of the laptop style supplies come with the adapter to connect to the pump side of things. Better to use the adapter and tape/ heat shrink that so you can still send it back if need be. Of the 5 sets I've gotten from Amazon, I've had to send 1 pump and 1 brick back as defective upon arrival. Though I get what you're saying with safety and all.

The downside is the pumps last 12 to 14 months typically and the noise of course. It's a ~$20 pump though so it should be expected really lol. But, tbh, if it wasn't for wanting the seconds timer for the baby rack, I wouldn't have the only mistking I do have.
Yeah the only reason I need a second one is because I can’t hook the willsii to the veiled mister because they need it drier then the willsii

Yeah the only reason I need a second one is because I can’t hook the willsii to the veiled mister because they need it drier then the willsii

I can understand that lol. It's a "cheap" way to do it that works. I have 3 systems in constant use plus a couple of back ups now lol.

Maybe I’ll just get a second one not sure what to do yet but I know I’ll tired of hand misting

I just had to order a new system because the ONE part that won't connect right is the one part they don't seem to sell individually. I'm sick of hand misting too yo.

Back
Top Bottom