DIY cage

ok if you see the cham hanging out there or showing stress/dominant display colors you will want to move them. lol He could look at them as intruders or even food :eek:

Ah ok. Would covering them up on one side help or no since he would still be able to hear them?

Hearing won't matter. Chams do not hear the way other animals do. They feel vibrations.

Alright I will keep an eye on that! In respect to the basking bulb, plant light, and UVB, where should I put the mister and fogger? I am adding a rough sketch to give you an idea where everything is placed on top

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    18 KB · Views: 64
Alright I will keep an eye on that! In respect to the basking bulb, plant light, and UVB, where should I put the mister and fogger? I am adding a rough sketch to give you an idea where everything is placed on top
So typically you want mister away from basking. If it were my set up I would do the back right corner.... For the fogger you will either need to cut a hole in the screen for the pipe to fit through or raise the tube up off the screen about an inch. I did this by attaching to PVC line. And depending on which mister you got you could extend the nozzle with a longer length of tubing so that you dont get spray out the top or side. I have both of these in my build thread. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-dragon-strand-hybrid-large-atrium-for-my-beman-3.176158/

I love it. I would personally add some manzanita branches in there. With all their natural tiny branchs it makes for wonderful highways for the chameleon.

Hopefully, whatever's in the pot will grow higher too. ;)
Until then, you could think about raising it up a bit—putting the pot on some bricks, etc.,
but that's up to you. Nice job!

Here is an idea about the manzanita branches. They are super cool.
Also grape vines have been used a lot, and driftwood. I do have some driftwood at the bottom and back of her cage. I figure the thick driftwood is mimicking the trunk of the tree, and the higher branches of the manzanita are mimicking the canopy of the tree.

All my own opinions though. And you did a nice job on your enclosure.

Attachments

• 0725200950b.jpg
    0725200950b.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 108
I love it. I would personally add some manzanita branches in there. With all their natural tiny branchs it makes for wonderful highways for the chameleon.

Thank you! I will definitely add some more as I go, but I figured this would at least be a good start and a definite upgrade from the fake plants he currently has.

Back
Top Bottom