Distinctive physiology of each panther chameleon locale

pepezkakap

Howdy fella!

I am calling all chameleon owner, lover, viewers, researcher, experience, noob, every single one of you to share your knowledge here.

I am planning a long term big breeding project to increase awareness in my country of the importance of maintaining locale purity.

In order to do so I have 2 obstacles. Importing breeders panther from reputable seller that know their line. Second is identifying every locale.
Let me worry of the first obstacle.

I need all opinion of everyone of you here to share your knowledge on unique physiology or traits of each locale, name it color, body shape, size, behavior, whatever it is just write them down here. I will try to update this as often as I can on the first page.

Hopefully this can be useful for many of you who is into panther chameleon!
Let's start, shall we!

1. Nosy Be Panther Chameleon
(distinctive coloration, dot, speckles, shape, size, whatever you know may identify this locale)
2. Nosy Faly

3. Ambato

4. Ambanja

5. Ambilobe

6. Sambava

7. Diego Suarez

8. Tamtave

9. Ankarmy

10. Sirama

11. Nosy Mitsio

Picture maybe added for easy comparison, but we can do it later as it gets more complex. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Since I olny have ambilobe, here's what I can share:
1. Amilobe has Y/V shape red or blue bar that connects from top to bottom
2. In some cases the blue and red bar can be mixed
3. Basic colorations include red surrounding eyes, green to yellowish top part of followed by the bar, then orange color at the bottom side. White stripes along the side. Mostly red neck when puffing.

Forgive my English if I don't use the right term. Feel free to correct any wrong and I will update it at the top page :)

Since I olny have ambilobe, here's what I can share:
1. Amilobe has Y/V shape red or blue bar that connects from top to bottom
2. In some cases the blue and red bar can be mixed
3. Basic colorations include red surrounding eyes, green to yellowish top part of followed by the bar, then orange color at the bottom side. White stripes along the side. Mostly red neck when puffing.

Forgive my English if I don't use the right term. Feel free to correct any wrong and I will update it at the top page :)

Some ambis have red, some have green, and some have yellow or orange bodies.

it varies from ambi to ambi.

My ambi is a red barred orange bodied ambi, yet one of his brothers is a blue barred green bodied ambi.

Some ambis have red, some have green, and some have yellow or orange bodies.

it varies from ambi to ambi.

My ambi is a red barred orange bodied ambi, yet one of his brothers is a blue barred green bodied ambi.

I think it's wise to say ambi has wide variation of color. When firing up he may have combination of red bar with orange body and blue bar with orange body or green body. Is it right?

Do you have any other insight for other locales?

Back
Top Bottom