distilled water

whysoez420

Is distilled water ok for a cham or should I just go with regular water? I'm not sure I want to use the water from my taps because ot has a milky hazy tinge to it.

Is distilled water ok for a cham or should I just go with regular water? I'm not sure I want to use the water from my taps because ot has a milky hazy tinge to it.

I use spring water. I have a bit of a differing opinion on distilled water. Most will say its fine, but I won't use it for various reasons.

I use spring water. I have a bit of a differing opinion on distilled water. Most will say its fine, but I won't use it for various reasons.

so bottled spring water will do?
i was told that if the water from your taps is safe enough for humans to drink then a chameleon can. which my tap water is.
but that hazy tinge it has makes me think otherwise.

I use distilled, or regular RO drinking water. I never use tap water. I do this not so much because my tap is bad, its pretty clean at only 100-200 p, but I use glass enclosures and I hate water stains. If your water looks milky, aside from checking its contents, I would not use it. I remember when my brother moved to Fresno, he found the tap water had traces of arsenic and mercury. He spent 6k on an RO system.

so bottled spring water will do?
i was told that if the water from your taps is safe enough for humans to drink then a chameleon can. which my tap water is.
but that hazy tinge it has makes me think otherwise.

We discuss this topic VERY often. A forum search on tap water would bring up all sorts of info including discussions just last week. There's no way we can tell you to use your tap water or not, because everyone's situation is different. Cloudiness in water can be nothing more than air bubbles. If so, the cloudiness disappears when the water sits in a glass for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom