Distance from basking/uvb lights - baby panther cham

Chai

Hey guys, picking up my hatchling panther cham tomorrow. I've seen a lot of different reports for how far the perch/basking area should be from UVB and I want to get it right while I'm setting up my flexible vine. Basking light is 60watt, UVB is the reptisun 5.0 13watt compact (yes I know, I've got a linear HO one on the way). I see reports usually saying to put the perch 6-12 inches down (I'm putting the light directly on top of the mesh cage). What's your guys' best experience?

Thanks so much.
Chai

Hey guys, picking up my hatchling panther cham tomorrow. I've seen a lot of different reports for how far the perch/basking area should be from UVB and I want to get it right while I'm setting up my flexible vine. Basking light is 60watt, UVB is the reptisun 5.0 13watt compact (yes I know, I've got a linear HO one on the way). I see reports usually saying to put the perch 6-12 inches down (I'm putting the light directly on top of the mesh cage). What's your guys' best experience?

Thanks so much.
Chai
When you say hatchling what do mean by this for the age of the cham? This makes a difference even regarding the use of basking fixture or not.
The compact is well useless honestly the cham needs to be right below it and depending on the type your using within a certain distance. 9-12 inches with this will put it far outside the UVB area directly below the lamp. See this link and scroll down to the graphic for the CFL find the one you bought and go by it https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

Per the linear this is dependent on if it is a T8 or T5 and what the bulb strength is. If you tell me what you ordered I can tell you distance.

Back
Top Bottom