Discoids

markthesharker

Hey, I'm new to the site. Just recently got a Jackson, named Action Jackson courtesy of JaySick. Actually had a female Yemen 10 years ago.

Anyway, to widen the variety of the diet of my cham, i bought some discoids, but unfortunately, they're too big. If anybody's interested in free roaches, let me know. I live in Union/Maplewood area of New Jersey.

I really don't want to waste these healthy, plump feeders.

I have to be honest, didn't realize how big they were and how creepy they look. Plus i don't have a place to properly breed them.

Ugh shoot. I wish you were closer, I would even pay for them. I cannot find any for sale here in Florida for some weird reason.

Yeah, don't waste them. Just let them loose in your sister's golf bag....then let Michelle borrow them. Money well spent! Hehe.

But I can't help you there pal. Those things are huge. Let Action have a go at it. Time for that little guy to man up.

Yeah, I think they're banned there because of a scare of infestation. Would actually just give them for free too.

That's the dubias, the discoids are the legal sister species that in theory everyone is breeding. But I guess people are buying a lot more roach colonies than crickets, since they're cheaper to keep and breed, and they've gotten super hard to find for sale. Especially in larger amounts.

That's the dubias, the discoids are the legal sister species that in theory everyone is breeding. But I guess people are buying a lot more roach colonies than crickets, since they're cheaper to keep and breed, and they've gotten super hard to find for sale. Especially in larger amounts.

Good to know. I would breed these i guess, but they're all males. All have wings.

Discoid adults all have wings regardless of gender. Males tend to be lighter in color and not as wide as females. To be sure, if you flip a male and a female over and compare their butt/belly segments, the females last segment (that is closest to her butt) is usually 2 or more times bigger than the males last segment.

Discoid adults all have wings regardless of gender. Males tend to be lighter in color and not as wide as females. To be sure, if you flip a male and a female over and compare their butt/belly segments, the females last segment (that is closest to her butt) is usually 2 or more times bigger than the males last segment.

Thanks for the info, Pshhh. Maybe i'll try to breed these puppies then.

Back
Top Bottom