disabled chameleon

i don't think i mbd his legs have been crushed one of his feet are missing petco said he had been seen by there vet i will get his cage off the ground asap
Wait...do I understand this correctly. Petco sold you a chameleon that had it’s legs crushed during shipping and is missing a foot? Poor baby! If it has any chance of healing and regaining any use of it’s damaged limbs, your husbandry will really need to be as close to perfect as possible. @PoseidonTheChameleon will help you with that. I would suggest taking the poor sweet baby to your own vet for x rays to see how badly damaged the bones are muscles are. Sending healing juju to your little one. 💗

I will be in bold
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - hes a veiled chameleon. i dont know his sex i just asumed he was a male he was got from petco a week ago but was much lager then all the other becuse peoplke didnt want a disabled chameleon so I like I said before, I really need a picture of him to see what sex and what injuries we're dealing with.
  • Handling - um every day but i haven't been picking him up just i he want to go oin my hand I would hold back to only a few times a week
  • Feeding - meal worms but he hasen't ate sense he been picked up get crickets from the pet store or online like joshes frogs, much better than meal worms, dubia roaches are a also a better alternative if they are legal where you are. How many days had he gone without eating?
  • Supplements - i have calisam i think the brand is zoo med but i haven't used it yet so you need calcium without d3 every feeding. Then you want either calcium with d3 or a multivitamin with d3 in it. If you have the one with both then you give that twice a month. Or alternate sundays(whatever day you want that's what day I use) with d3 on one sunday and a multivitamin without d3 the next sunday. Let me know if that's confusing
  • Watering - i have a water driper driping on to leaves i mist twicee a day a have not seen him drinking but he seems to like to sit under the leaves were the water is good, let me know what color his urate is when you find one, this will tell us if hes drinking.
  • Fecal Description - no test for parasites no poop that ive seen you really need a vet appointment, while you are there, I'd get a fecal done to test for parasites

• History - brand new

Cage Info:

• Cage Type-screen pretty large i think 18x 18 x 36 so you will need to get a measuring tape or something to measure the cage, this is important because he needs a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft, I need to know if that's what you have or not
  • Lighting - zoo med #fs-c5m and a zoomed blue bulb it dose not have a item num they get turned on a 8 am and off at 9pm so I gave you the links for what uvb light you need, this is majorly important.
  • Temperature - cage floor-65 basking spot-75 not the highest point in the tank put the highest point he can reach- Lowest overnight temp 66- How do you measure these temps two zoo med thermomiters on digital one analog -farinheight if 75 is the highest hes getting then you need a higher wattage bulb, it needs to be at max 85 maybe a couple degrees lower, if it's too hot then he will be gaping but just work on getting a higher bulb and let me know when you do.
  • Humidity - 65% meshering usding a zoo med analog temp and humiity so 65 is a bit high, you dont want over 50%, analog thermometer and hygrometers are not the most accurate, I would try to find a diginal one.
  • Plants - plastic work on getting live plants. Pothos, umbrella plant, mass cane plant, etc.
  • Placement -siting on the floor beside my desk no fans or vents like I said before, this needs to be higher, on a desk or table.
  • Location - Montana

Current Problem - wont eat - cant reach basking spot
Let me know what I need to elaborate on

I will also go into more specifics once you take him to a vet and we know exactly what is wrong, and when you have the most important things, like the uvb. Please get that asap

Wait...do I understand this correctly. Petco sold you a chameleon that had it’s legs crushed during shipping and is missing a foot? Poor baby! If it has any chance of healing and regaining any use of it’s damaged limbs, your husbandry will really need to be as close to perfect as possible. @PoseidonTheChameleon will help you with that. I would suggest taking the poor sweet baby to your own vet for x rays to see how badly damaged the bones are muscles are. Sending healing juju to your little one. 💗
i whould love to take it to the vet but its really not an option for me due to money petco said he was dropped bet with how bad his legs are i just dont think that is true

Nevermind I see it. I honestly dont know what to tell you, other than what I already have. He needs new uvb asap, I already see bent legs and he needs many branches and plants to hold on to

I will also go into more specifics once you take him to a vet and we know exactly what is wrong, and when you have the most important things, like the uvb. Please get that asap
i cant afford to take him to a vet and all the vets in my area seam to deal with dogs cats and farm animals

I'm honestly debating whether or not I should tell you the best thing is to put him down. He cant hold on or walk very well, and I'm going to guess this is causing him pain

Attachments

• 170192302_935152213896700_3451767265404357633_n.jpg
    170192302_935152213896700_3451767265404357633_n.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 170209508_442072983534028_5445727037025540365_n.jpg
    170209508_442072983534028_5445727037025540365_n.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 170277653_1354508204928782_6753308601083317620_n.jpg
    170277653_1354508204928782_6753308601083317620_n.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 170326122_1635863723278450_8866410690107071089_n.jpg
    170326122_1635863723278450_8866410690107071089_n.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 86
I'm honestly debating whether or not I should tell you the best thing is to put him down. He cant hold on or walk very well, and I'm going to guess this is causing him pain

it dosent seem to cause him pain he still climbs and moves around alot he just cant get a good grip on things and losses his balance alot

it dosent seem to cause him pain he still climbs and moves around alot he just cant get a good grip on things and losses his balance alot
He is missing a foot. It probably hasnt been treated. He was with a pet store that could care less about their animals. Climbing is a chameleon's nature, and it cant do that. Falling is not a good thing, I can guarantee that he doesnt enjoy it. If you cannot take him to a vet then you should not own this animal. As sad as it is, that is the truth, if you cannot take him to the vet then can you even get the correct things that he needs, like uvb? This is the harsh truth, sometimes trying to save an animal that is suffering is just not the right answer. If I were you I'd put him down. That's the humane to go.

Back
Top Bottom