Chameleon Info:Can you fill this out please?
- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
- Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
- The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
- Photos can be very helpful.
Ok. Can you also post a pic of the enclosure, we have a lot to go overChameleon Info:
- Your Chameleon - hes a veiled chameleon. i dont know his sex i just asumed he was a male he was got from petco a week ago but was much lager then all the other becuse peoplke didnt want a disabled chameleon
- Handling - um every day but i haven't been picking him up just i he want to go oin my hand
- Feeding - meal worms but he hasen't ate sense he been picked up
- Supplements - i have calisam i think the brand is zoo med but i haven't used it yet
- Watering - i have a water driper driping on to leaves i mist twicee a day a have not seen him drinking but he seems to like to sit under the leaves were the water is
- Fecal Description - no test for parasites no poop that ive seen
- History - brand new
- Cage Type-screen pretty large i think 18x 18 x 36
- Lighting - zoo med #fs-c5m and a zoomed blue bulb it dose not have a item num they get turned on a 8 am and off at 9pm
- Temperature - cage floor-65 basking spot-75 not the highest point in the tank put the highest point he can reach- Lowest overnight temp 66- How do you measure these temps two zoo med thermomiters on digital one analog -farinheight
- Humidity - 65% meshering usding a zoo med analog temp and humiity
- Plants - plastic
- Placement -siting on the floor beside my desk no fans or vents
- Location - Montana
Current Problem - wont eat - cant reach basking spot
Ok so first off, you need a linear uvb light, that's most important right this minute. I will get you a link in a second. You also need to raise his cage up on something, being on the floor can be very stressful for them. If he isnt using his legs then you need to set up a vet appointment, I'm guessing its metabolic bone disease so he will need vitamin injections and things like that. Once we fo over your form that you filled out, you need to fix these changes asap
i don't think i mbd his legs have been crushed one of his feet are missing petco said he had been seen by there vet i will get his cage off the ground asapOk so first off, you need a linear uvb light, that's most important right this minute. I will get you a link in a second. You also need to raise his cage up on something, being on the floor can be very stressful for them. If he isnt using his legs then you need to set up a vet appointment, I'm guessing its metabolic bone disease so he will need vitamin injections and things like that. Once we fo over your form that you filled out, you need to fix these changes asap
one of my bulbs is uvbThis is the uvb fixture you need: https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output/dp/257664?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Zoo Med&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsLWDBhCmARIsAPSL3_2TN6mVSiFHp9jQgmBreOIijWTW93dZK5sH7i0uudeYBWgiJsxlY4saAvP7EALw_wcB
This is the bulb to put in it: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zoo-med-reptisun-50-ho-t5-uvb-lamp-24-w-22-l-2214176?cm_mmc=PSH-_-GGL-_-CAL-_-PME-_-PET-_-AQU-_-0-_-PM_GGL_FY20_SBU05_SH13_SmallAnimalBird&ReptileSupplies_ReptileAccessories_PLA-SMRT-_-0-_-0&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsLWDBhCmARIsAPSL3_0dtCnOObCkDX-9MS43FlqGJRgZ6l3hTsTKyUtBZOjnD4dWyGF4RGEaAiTwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds