Dirt eating Veiled

Tinydino

Avid Member
My 4 month old female has made it her mission to eat dirt from her potted plants. Its part of her morning routine.
7am lights on, bask until 8am. 8:10 poop time. Then 8:30 some dirt appetizer before touching the feeders.
I've covered all her potted plants with large rocks to prevent dirt eating.
But she flipped me the bird and went to her new laybin instead. She doesnt eat alot. Just a couple licks worth, but it makes me worry.
I can't cover her Laybin in rocks. So how can I convince her sto stop?

You can't cover the laybin substrate with rocks or she won't be able to dig.

It's said that they eat the dirt because they are lacking something in their diet. What supplements do you use and how often for each? Please be specific about your answers. What do you feed/gutload the insects with? What insects do you use? What UVB light do you use? Long linear?

She has the t5ho reptisun 10.0.(24"fixture)
I use the repticalcium without D3 every day.
Reptivite with D3 every other monday.
She eats mainly crickets. Cricket diet consists of carrots,apple potato alfalfa pellets.
She gets 2 super worms a couple times a week.

Silk worms and hornworms as treats.
She has hibiscus, moneytree, umbrella plant, spider plant and wandering jew in her enclosure. She sometimes munches on the hibiscus.

Hello! D3 should only be given twice a month. Also, a multivitamin needs to be used. I will put in my next post a supplement schedule

1. Every feeding calcium without d3 (You are currently doing that, so great!)
2. Twice a month use calcium with d3, and a multivitamin without d3

This is the calcium and vitamins she gets.

Attachments

• 20201105_153759.jpg
    20201105_153759.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 70
IF your multivitamin did not have D3, then you would need calcium with D3 to be rotated weekly with your multi....but you are safe to use a multivitamin with D3 and not give any calcium with D3.
Yep! So as long as d3 is given twice a month we're good.

So either way calcium with d3 or multivitamin with d3. As long as one is used twice a month, that is correct.

No worries. I get that there are different ways to get the same result. ?
I use a different schedule, so I was concerned about calcium intake. I was afraid to say you were fine but as long as calcium is used every day, and d3 twice a month, all good!

Back
Top Bottom