Dilemma, need an advise.

astroprojector

I just got the Jackson at the Pomona show, "knock on wood", everything is OK for now. I have been trying to get the MistKing, but so far unsuccessful, so I have been misting him once in the morning and couple of times in the afternoon. I have a dripper going, the water drips on a leaf, but so far I have not seen him drinking from it or drinking while I am misting. I have been feeding him about 5 to 8 small crickets in the morning and couple of medium to large horns worms in the afternoon. He does not seem dehydrated as his poop looks OK.

I am going to weekend getaway during the Presidents day weekend I will be leaving Friday evening and coming back on Monday mid day and here is my Dilemma.

If I get the MistKing:
--------------------
I will feed him Friday evening and leave several horn worms in the cage for him to it over the weekend. He might eat them right a way or may not, but at least they are there and the mist will be going at least 5 times per day.

If I do not get the MistKing:
---------------------------
I live in the North Hollywood (Los Angeles). I was wondering if someone will be willing watch him for me. I would bring the cage or just the chameleon. I am not sure how it is done, but we can talk about it.

Please let me know. Thanks.

you could pick up a cheap mister to hold you over like the habbamist. I know it's a crappy mister but for $50 it may just be worth it as a back up type of thing

Feeding won't be a big concern for that short a time...you can give him some good meals before and after the trip. Check with a local herp society chapter for herp members or check with a good pet shop for customers who may have herps and who might be willing to help. Ask your vet if you can board or possibly a vet tech might be interested in getting some cham experience for a few days. Neighbor? Local pet sitter to come in and mist only?

Some ideas for increasing humidity would be to add a few extra plants to his cage to make it quite dense. Water the plant soil very well. Mist the plants heavily before you leave. Also, layer the bottom of the cage with wet paper towels. Then place some kind of dripping device on top of the cage that will drip onto leaves. Perhaps more than one home made dripping divice. I think you can make one with a gallon jug. Jugs can be supported on the cage by laying a couple pieces of wood or something across the cage top, resting on the frame, and placing the dripping device across them.

Place the cage in a part of the house where it will not be likely to be parched by sun, AC, or fans. Do have a small fan in the room just to creat air current. But not pointed directly at the cage. This is important for montane species.

That, and some extra feedings before and after should do it.

Back
Top Bottom