Digging!!

hey

i was told you dont need a incubator for veiled eggs just some plastic totes keeping the temps above 70 o and some hatch right

Many people use a closet method for incubation. Take some pearlite or hatchrite place it about an inch deep in a plastic container (I use a Tupperware container) and add lukewarm water. Enough so that when you squeeze a handful your get a drop or two of water out of it. Weigh it, then once the eggs are laid place them in there and put the lid on. I usually weigh mine about once a month to make sure if I need to add more water. Then place it in a closet where the ambient temp is about 70-72. Many have good results with this method.

Cham eggs don't need a constant temperature. Just keep your veiled eggs between 65 and 84 until your incubator shows up. If it is too hot in your home, try a hard tiled floor or wood or linoleum like kitchen or bathroom - those are always several degrees cooler at least than the temp at thermostat level in your home. If your home is too cool, try closing a small bathroom to trap heat, try higher up near a ceiling.Try different rooms closer to whatever heat source your home has.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom