digging hole for eggs

hi guys, my chameleon has been digging her hole to lay in for 3 hours, is this normal? could she be stuck?

Attachments

• 835CCE49-D835-452D-85CA-C082C8C5D3C3.jpeg
    835CCE49-D835-452D-85CA-C082C8C5D3C3.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 115
Don't let her see you when she's digging if she does come out.

They can dig one hole until they're happy with it or they can dig several test holes and the chose one..but sounds like yours is just going to dig the one hole. They then turn around butt down and lay the eggs...usually in the evening. They fill the hole in when they're done and tamp it down and return to the branches hungry, thirsty and thinner.

If it doesn't go this way post again.

Don't let her see you when she's digging if she does come out.

They can dig one hole until they're happy with it or they can dig several test holes and the chose one..but sounds like yours is just going to dig the one hole. They then turn around butt down and lay the eggs...usually in the evening. They fill the hole in when they're done and tamp it down and return to the branches hungry, thirsty and thinner.

If it doesn't go this way post again.
she can’t see me from the angle i peek in at, i have peeked in 2 times today. the first time i could see her tail, now i can’t see any thing....i’m assuming she is totally inside her hole. just hoping she’s not stuck :/

she can’t see me from the angle i peek in at, i have peeked in 2 times today. the first time i could see her tail, now i can’t see any thing....i’m assuming she is totally inside her hole. just hoping she’s not stuck :/
Man you sound just like me yesterday! Hopefully tomorrow you’ll have a nest full of eggs!

Bill

I don’t use that much substrate my females only dig about 6-7 inches into the substrate. They usually dig for about a hour then done laying a few hours later.

I don’t use that much substrate my females only dig about 6-7 inches into the substrate. They usually dig for about a hour then done laying a few hours later.
oh, well that’s deffinently not the case here, she has about 10 inches of substrate in her cage, and she has been digging for like 6+ hours. i can’t see her at all anymore, before i could see her tail.

Back
Top Bottom