Different feeders...

pantherlover

Does anybody in Ontario, or Canada for that matter, know where I could acquire some dubia, grasshoppers or mantids?

Does anybody in Ontario, or Canada for that matter, know where I could acquire some dubia, grasshoppers or mantids?

You're not going to find dubia for sale on business websites (although some of them do have them) because they are not legal to have without a permit. You'll have to ask around, check online (for example, they are frequently for sale local to me on usedvictoria.ca or kijiji), check local reptile and spider clubs, find a forum member near you that has them, etc.

Locust / grasshoppers are also not legal to sell, but you can wait for summer and then catch them yourself - or get kids to do so for you :)
obviously, be cautious about location and be mindful of parasite risk

Mantids will be available from most good garden nurseries, organic gardening centres, bug zoo type places, and even home depot. Usually in May/June more than other times of year.

I think I still have a number for someone with Dubia, I'll try to remember to check for you tomorrow, if not on Thursday.

For obvious reasons, I can't have any :D

Awesome guys & gals! Thanks for the help!

Sam... I got over excited on my due date count & It may be a little longer than previously advertised for the ambi clutch Ive got cooking. I will be contacting you though without a doubt.

If anybody else knows where I can find these illegal bugs please pm me if you are not comfortable posting.

Thanks, Justin

Awesome guys & gals! Thanks for the help!

Sam... I got over excited on my due date count & It may be a little longer than previously advertised for the ambi clutch Ive got cooking. I will be contacting you though without a doubt.

If anybody else knows where I can find these illegal bugs please pm me if you are not comfortable posting.

Thanks, Justin

I know you did, no worries.
I'll try to remember tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom