Different Dragon Strand Cages?

Wowbango

Established Member
So just doing some prep work and planning on the future adult cage for Nigel. He's about 5 months now so I have a little time but never hurts to plan right?

Anyways, looking at their website since everyone swears by their quality and they're not too much more expensive than the Reptibreeze ones. I did have a question about the difference between the normal large Keeper cage and the Atrium ones. Is there a reason one would be better than the other? Other than just cosmetics? I see the normal ones are much taller and my impression has been that the taller the better to allow them more room to move up and down.

Thoughts? Thanks as always guys!

So just doing some prep work and planning on the future adult cage for Nigel. He's about 5 months now so I have a little time but never hurts to plan right?

Anyways, looking at their website since everyone swears by their quality and they're not too much more expensive than the Reptibreeze ones. I did have a question about the difference between the normal large Keeper cage and the Atrium ones. Is there a reason one would be better than the other? Other than just cosmetics? I see the normal ones are much taller and my impression has been that the taller the better to allow them more room to move up and down.

Thoughts? Thanks as always guys!

I went with a keeper because the 2x2x4 is tried and true. I do like some design elements for the atrium cage, but it just wasn't what i'd planned for for so long.

In any case, you can't go wrong with Dragonstrand. Quality is great and customer service is great as well. Email Bill with any questions you have and he'll get back to you very quickly.

I was also interested to hear if people were successfully using the Atrium cages for adult panthers/veileds. The Atrium would allow heat gradient horizontally but not so much vertically. I would think the chameleons would like the horizontal space. How much do they need the vertical space?

My experience with a wider cage is that my panther uses the lateral space quite a bit. They do need some vertical space, but the atrium cage seems to provide more than an adequate amount. My panther's cage is 24" wide, 16" deep, and 30" tall. I don't see my panther go up and down nearly as much as I see him go side to side. I've been considering the Atrium cage myself.

My experience with a wider cage is that my panther uses the lateral space quite a bit. They do need some vertical space, but the atrium cage seems to provide more than an adequate amount. My panther's cage is 24" wide, 16" deep, and 30" tall. I don't see my panther go up and down nearly as much as I see him go side to side. I've been considering the Atrium cage myself.

I agree with this 100%. My chams use the horizontal spare much more than the vertical. These cages are designed from people, that IMO, have the most hands on experience out there. I have switched all of my enclosures to this design.

Bill's cages are the top in quality and he has great customer service!

Thanks for the input guys! I'm thinking it will work better with the space I have to work with anyways.

Their cages are the Bugatti of cages. I freakin love the atrium. The panthers will definitely take full advantage of the width. My males mainly stay in the top 18" of a cage from side to side, unless lookin' to date. No brainer here.

My chameleon is all over the place up, down, and side to side. The only times he's sitting still is to sleep or get warm.

I got my atrium one yesterday and have to say they did a great job on it. I was able to use a larger Pothos and still have room for other vines etc. My girl loves being able to go back and forth through the cage. We had her in a 18X18X34 I built before and this is definitely an Improvement.:):)

It's settled then. I have the San Diego Super Reptile Show coming next week and Dragon Strand will be there. Will take that opportunity to check them out in person!

We just got our 24 x 24 x 48 and love it but now thinking if I should have gone with the Atrium. All I know is that the quality of the dragonstrand cages is outstanding and the ledges is a brilliant idea!

Does anyone have a pic of the atrium and a 24x24x48 side by side?

We just got our 24 x 24 x 48 and love it but now thinking if I should have gone with the Atrium. All I know is that the quality of the dragonstrand cages is outstanding and the ledges is a brilliant idea!

Does anyone have a pic of the atrium and a 24x24x48 side by side?

I'll be sure to take pictures when I see their booth at the Super Reptile show next week.

You might want to email Dragonstrand to confirm they will be at the Super Show. I thought Bill mentioned to me that he would not be at the show this year so maybe double check unless you're planning to go anyway.

You might want to email Dragonstrand to confirm they will be at the Super Show. I thought Bill mentioned to me that he would not be at the show this year so maybe double check unless you're planning to go anyway.

Well I was going anyways, regardless. This research just came up in the last few days. They're showing as one of the registered vendors for the event, though things can change I suppose. I'll definitely reach out. Thanks!

I went with a keeper because the 2x2x4 is tried and true. I do like some design elements for the atrium cage, but it just wasn't what i'd planned for for so long.

In any case, you can't go wrong with Dragonstrand. Quality is great and customer service is great as well. Email Bill with any questions you have and he'll get back to you very quickly.

One other reason to buy from Dragonstrand is that they are made in the USA. I will always buy a Made in USA product when I can find a good product--and in this case it is a much better product--than one made in China even if it costs me a bit more.

All of the products at Dragonstrand are of excellent quality. Can't go wrong. Wish I had done it right the first time. And being made in house USA is great too. That atrium cage is sweet.

Back
Top Bottom