Different Behavior... Maybe wants a girlfriend?

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Ok y'all so Beman (Veiled Chameleon) is now 21 months old. Today he has been extremely active pacing the cage. He has turned into the usual territorial male. So I am extremely cautious now when I go to take him out as he has tried to bite with full puff and color display. Today though he really was acting like his old friendly self so since we are having a nice day I went to open the cage to take him outside for real sun. But he is doing something quite weird which freaked me out so I put him back in. Then I tried again a half hour later and he did it again.

Once he gets his front foot a hold of my hand with his firm grip he then goes to put his mouth to my hand and slightly opens his mouth like he is going to latch on. It is not like when he is going to bite. He is not puffed up and has his calm coloring.

The only thing I can think of is he thinks he is about to mate... But I have no experience or knowledge of how chams go about this. I know they do grab on to the female with their feet but do they also hold on with their mouth?

If this is the case how long will the behavior last? No I am not getting him a girlfriend :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom