Didn't think it mattered at the time but.....

Tyaeda

Established Member
I never really thought much about how to approach a chameleon, except to be careful not to move too fast, or to try and handle them too much. However today I made a weird discovery.

My chameleon judges me by the colour of my... clothes! :p When I went to feed him today, he got all puffed up, and even hissed at me! He was soo pissed, which is weird, especially around nom-nom time. I was wearing an all turquiose t-shirt, and my pj pants which are green and yellow.

I quickly realized that these are the same colours he shows off when he's angry. He probably thought I was another territorial chameleon, invading his turf.

I changed my shirt, and pants, and he was fine. I was worried that something else was going on, but as far as I know, it was just the colours I was wearing that made him stress out..... weird... you won't find that on a care sheet :D

My male panther has done this too!

I bring him to the reptile shows with me and someone came up with a tie-dye t-shirt. He walked up and Proteus got big and mad. He moved away and was back to normal. I didn't know at first what was causing it, but it made sense afterwards!

That's interesting ive never had a reaction from my clothes color from my Chams, at least I didn't realize. My guys are pretty mellow though, ill have to try and experiment a Lil with this. :rolleyes:

I haven't noticed a huge difference in color of clothes for my girl...ive heard that they can react to colors different but I thin mu Chan just doesn't like me lol she does react more defensive to palm up than palm down though

I've heard that they will react to hair colour as well. Tyaeda you need to call the fashion police.:D

Some of mine also freak out about nail polish. Some colors make them want to eat my fingers, and others they want to attack my hands.

lol I've noticed orange seems to confuse my yemen and reds won't do with my panther. My iguana on the other hand - steer clear of blue anything. He wigs out! O_O

there was a thread about chams, and cloths - and what wigs them out- red and white was NOT a fav/ color among the chams - :p

I always seem to find the clingy type pets. My cat and dog usually stay by my side. My beardie doesn't reaally care. My bird I use to have loved me so much that he wanted to be everywhere I was, even in the shower.

My last Chameleons I had didn't care very much what I had on. My females seen food and she was all over me. My male thought that I was an even person til 13 months old.

Back
Top Bottom