Diapause and Candleing

I know this is an old thread but I have one question for Jim (Chameleon Company). How long do you feel the initial warm period before the cool down should be?

Thanks,
Kevin

I would say that a safe minimum cooldown window before rewarming is 6 weeks, while we aim for about 8. We haven't actually run complete tests on such, for to do so means you have to take good eggs and push to find the line where you basically mess them up, of at least achieve poorer results, and we aren't too keen to that yet ... LOL.

I think I got that the cooldown itself should be 7-9 weeks from your original post. My question was in regards to the time, if any, that you keep the eggs at 74-78 or ???? before lowering the temp into the 60's for the cool down. Do you just keep them at a temp of 6? right from the start or do you start them at 7? and lower them to 6? for the 7-9 weeks?

Thanks again,
Kevin

Ahhhhh !

OK. 3-4 weeks after initial laying at 74-78. Then 6-9 weeks cooled to upper 60's. Then back to 74-78. Hatch in about 14-16 weeks after rewarming date ... give or take .... maybe :)

Back
Top Bottom