Dexter's Tongue Catches Fire!!

giesle

Avid Member
First time attempting a backlit tongue. Looks like he might have missed the mark in the first pic, but the second consecutive pic proves otherwise.

Tongue%20On%20Fire.jpg

Tongue%20On%20Fire2.jpg

Thanks Jann. I'm glad you like them. I do too. The only pic I have liked lately before this is him eating out of Phineas' bike basket. I have thought about putting a flash behind a cham for a backlit tongue for awhile, so not sure what took me so long.:) Dexter is so healthy and quick, I'm shocked I got it on my first try. These were the only two pics I took.

That is a very cool shot! Amazing to see the blood vessels in there and how far in the hornworm is when he retracts the tongue.:eek:

Hey Scott,
The tongue glows with the back lighting, very impressive you can see such detail. I love all your posts, thanks for sharing.
Dave

Thanks everyone.

How do you setup up the backround? I also can you use a regular 8 megapixle phone camera?
The background is a black photography backdrop. I guess it would be technically possible as long as you had at least one external flash to place below and behind him. I also had a diffused flash in front bouncing off the ceiling to give a little fill light in the front.

Your photos are the best! If you don't enter them in our photo contest you need to enter them somewhere! lol

Back
Top Bottom