Designing a Vivarium Controller: What features/price do YOU want?

I think we disagree on the meaning of "value". A mercedes benz is a premium item and you pay a premium price for it. Your example is spot on, except that I would say the exact same thing there....a Benz is ***NOT*** a good value. You are PAYING PREMIUM for PREMIUM features.

I never said Herpkeeper has more value. I am merely saying that the price:features:necessity ratio on the ecozone is not very good.

In attempting to stick to your analogy.....if I want a car with certain features, and nothing more, I *would* buy the KIA over the Benz.

You are making it sound like I'm whiny because of the cost. IM NOT. I'm dissatisfied with the cost:return RATIO. That is how I define "value".

A Benz has VERY little value for the price you pay imho. You could get the same functionality effectively for a far lower price without getting all the extraneous bells and whistles. Thats what I'm aiming for...

As for $58 "because it can be saturated, dried, and used again" I don't follow? And yes, check any electrical component retailer....a basic TEMP only probe is ~$2.

Clearly you have it all figured out and can come up with a 'value' system. When it comes to market, it will only benefit us consumers and we will thank you.

Clearly you have it all figured out and can come up with a 'value' system. When it comes to market, it will only benefit us consumers and we will thank you.

I have no idea what you are implying with this statement...but it sounds a bit insulting :p

Back
Top Bottom