Deep sleepers?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Are chameleons deep sleepers? I mean if he’s sleeping and i touch him is he gonna wake up immediatly? Not asking because I want to touch him with no reason just to let you guys know :)

mine are not "morning people". If you polk, they may get spots and puff up a bit. As little effort as needed to show they are annoyed. They dont even open their eyes. It would take a lot of poking to get them to even move.

Coda somehow can tell when I’m taking “PJ” pictures. Maybe it’s a coincidence even though I don’t use the flash. But she always puffs up and definitely shows her spots!

This might be a good place to ask, is it bad to wake your chameleon up in the morning before they wake up on their own? Normally when I start getting ready for work (5:30am) she's snoozing away, but when I flip on her UVB/basking light she wakes up and gives me the stink eye. Should I be waiting until she's up on her own, or is it fine to wake her? Normally it's lights off for her at 7-7:30pm, which is when she starts getting more lethargic and looking for somewhere to sleep.

This might be a good place to ask, is it bad to wake your chameleon up in the morning before they wake up on their own? Normally when I start getting ready for work (5:30am) she's snoozing away, but when I flip on her UVB/basking light she wakes up and gives me the stink eye. Should I be waiting until she's up on her own, or is it fine to wake her? Normally it's lights off for her at 7-7:30pm, which is when she starts getting more lethargic and looking for somewhere to sleep.
The norm is to have the lights on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours. So I'd have her lights go on at 7-7:30am. It's probably worthwhile for you to get an outlet timer for your lights. You can pick these up at Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc for like $3. No need to buy the reptile official ones. They're overpriced just because they say reptile on them.

The norm is to have the lights on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours. So I'd have her lights go on at 7-7:30am. It's probably worthwhile for you to get an outlet timer for your lights. You can pick these up at Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc for like $3. No need to buy the reptile official ones. They're overpriced just because they say reptile on them.
Awesome thanks! I actually got one of those fancy app controlled ones off of amazon thats coming with a grow light for my plants, hopefully I'll be able to get it to work with all her lights/mister.

I had to wake up a somewhat large sub-adult male veiled chameleon 2hrs after his lights went out so he could be transportated to his new home..... Yeah that wasn't fun.... I wonder if my wife still has the video she recorded where she's laughing her ass off at me while I'm cussing and dodging attacks.

Back
Top Bottom