deciding should i get a chameleon

spikeleebd

Hello everybody Im not new to the forum, I have been a member here for about 3 months now. I joined because I wanted to gather information before I decided to acquire my next herp. After having my bd for about a year now and getting some experience I am ready to add a new member to my family. I want to go tropical seeing as I already have a semi dessert reptile. After looking at peoples chams, cages, and reading up on the care, I am at a cross road. Im stuck at chinese water dragon or cham. It would seem that chams would be better in the long run do to the fact that chinese water dragons will require such a very tall cages plus a place to swim were as chams only require a tail cage with no as much floor space. So my question to you guys is what would you recommend to a person who is trying to cross over to a tropical lizard

Def go with a cham! Should he get loose from you, you don't have to be Usain Bolt fast to catch him! Also, they're prettier to look at... :D

I think both are beautiful amazing animals. You should think long and hard on what you choose so you dont regret it. you might wish for something interesting to look at and colorful - chameleon. you might want something more interative and can swim- water dragon. Both have their up and down sides. Goodluck!

Both are beautiful, Personally I like the coloration and temperment of a cham.

Water dragons are fast little buggers, and I've also heard that they get sick alot more, this is just information from my friend's experience with water dragons.

I would go with a cham :D But I may be a (lot) little biased :cool:

well i have made my decision and I'm going to go with a cham. I'm not ready for water and land yet lol seems like alot of work

I have always loved water dragons, but having owned a cham for a short time, I am so happy owning one! They are so cool and there is a great deal to learn when caring for them. You will not regret the choice. :)

Back
Top Bottom