Debating on finding a new home for my Nosy Be.

Santi4407

Hello to all. I have a Nosy Be who I have had for about 4 years give or take. He's awesome and has such a cool and laid back demeanor. Unfortunately over the last year or so I have barely had much time to keep up with him due to work. I'm barely home. Some quick facts about him: I got him from kammerflage, his sire was Nihlus, he doesn't mind being handled at all and seems to enjoy coming out. I leave him ouside during the summer so he enjoys the outdoors. He even got loose once luckily I was able to find him in my neighbors yard :eek:
I am truly on the gate about this so if anyone can maybe talk me into going one way or the other that would be awesome. If anyone is interested I just really want the best long term for this awesome animal and would even love if he was to be bred. Thx

I feel your pain! I had a beautiful female Parson's back in the day and some gorgeous little carpets. We moved into student housing and I couldn't keep them. It tore me up and not a day goes by that I don't regret it. Especially since I didn't have access to a wonderful place like this. I interviewed people who were interested and finally chose someone but still. I think that if you put him up for adoption here there are a number of knowledgeable people who are in love with chameleons so he'll have a good home. The way I look at it is what's best for your bud. Can you make some changes that will allow for more time in caring for him? Or do you think he'll be better off with someone who has more time? Maybe you can work something out with the new parent where they give you pick of the clutch if they breed him successfully if situations have allowed you more time for a chameleon friend by then. :) Good luck!!

Ant

I feel your pain. I don't know what I would do if I had to give up my panthers. They all have such unique personalities. I have a male named Phantom. Everytime I put my hands in his cage to clean or whatever I'm doing he quickly moves to crawl on my hand. I swear this boy really loves me. Like I said I really feel your pain. I'm sorry your in a situation like this. But it really shows you genuinely care.
Would you mind sharing a picture with us.

I say just as long as you're still able to provide food/water when he needs it then you should keep him! Lights can be easily hooked up to a timer so you won't have to worry about that either. Heck, your cham will probably enjoy the alone time :D

I'm in the same boat as far as work goes. I am a set dresser for movies and TV shows and the hours are very long. I'm leaving my house at 5am and not returning till 8:30-9pm. I have a full automated system with lighting and misting. I load up the feeder cup before I leave in the morning. When I get home at night he is sleeping but I sneak in a quick poop removal. Keep your cham. Many of us work long hours but as long as he is healthy fed and watered have no worries.

I feel your pain. I am excessively busy right now. I leave before Ferdinand wakes up and I'm often not home until long after lights out. I miss him terribly. Luckily, everything is automated, and my hubby works from home so he can let Ferds out for some sunshine. This must be what working parents feel like :)

If you can meet all his needs and provide proper care, don't worry about not spending time with him. It sucks, but honestly, he doesn't care too much. On the other hand, if you feel you can't offer the best care because of your schedule, I completely understand. Best of luck to both of you.

Thanks guys i am greatful for all your words, immideately after I posted this I second guessed myself. It sucks to feel like this I'm just afraid I will miss out on details that can be crucial to him especially that he is getting older. For instance the mister broke I attemplted fixing it once with no lock so now I have to use a drip system that might not get used a day or two here and there. I'm a barber I work 11 plus hours a day among other things that keep me out my house. It can be a little crazy at times.. I had to get rid of my veiled I had for about 4 years as well over a year ago for a similar reason. Which led to her health going a little south. I've had problems with her since I got her and the vet situation where I live was always scary. They know nothing about chams. So I just feel backed into a corner. Something as simple as getting feeders Can get tough over here especially in the winter. He has been in good health for what it seems. Other than a huge sperm plug (I think) that I found today and tried removing in many ways including soaking and KY so that got me worried a bit. I'll throw in some pictures I was able to get before. Thanks again

Here's a pic of him not to great though. And sorry if it came out upside down I forget to use the site a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 134
If anyone can give an opinion here's a pic of that nasty sperm plug it is huge!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 149
Wow! He's beautiful. Well in the first picture :) If you decide to have him adopted I'm sure a bunch of people here will jump at the chance!

Take care!

Ant

Back
Top Bottom