dead crix

i dont think so... you know the freeze dried crickets they sell are harmless, so i guess it depends how long its been dead

oh ok thanks.if i buy those freezed crickets,ill have to shake them with tongs or hand feed him so my cham will think its alive right?its just that these live crix i buy, die out so quickly im thinking about just using those dried crix they sell at petsmart.but im not sure...if they're alive will they be more nutritious for him?

oh ok thanks.if i buy those freezed crickets,ill have to shake them with tongs or hand feed him so my cham will think its alive right?its just that these live crix i buy, die out so quickly im thinking about just using those dried crix they sell at petsmart.but im not sure...if they're alive will they be more nutritious for him?

Yes don't but the dead ones. They have nothing in their tummies. Use live critters. I made this feeder, they love it, good luck! If they have alot water and food, they live for a while,

https://www.chameleonforums.com/cricket-feeder-8250/

thanks for the help.At 10 cents a cricket,i want them to survive as long as possible lol.oh and another thing, sometimes i put some ice cubes on top on the his cage so he can drink the water droplets from them, is this ok too? i dont have a misting system yet so i do this just to make sure he drinks while im out.

The ice is a bad idea...unfortunately there is a lot of false info on the web and other places that recommend this. Use a dripper and have it drip onto some fake leaves with a catch underneath. Also, are you misting at all throughout the day? That is very important as well for hydration and it raises the humidity a bit.

The ice is a bad idea...unfortunately there is a lot of false info on the web and other places that recommend this. Use a dripper and have it drip onto some fake leaves with a catch underneath. Also, are you misting at all throughout the day? That is very important as well for hydration and it raises the humidity a bit.

thanks for letting me know about the ice thing.And yes i do mist him(morning,noon and night)

Mist him for about 5-10 Minutes, try and get some water on his skin because they absorb water thrrough their skin, Let me know how the food works! I put cabbage in the Cricket enclosure yesterday about a leaf and a half and its gone already! They love it! Also, make sure they eat it also because it drys in about a day or two. Hope this helps.

LPR08

will do :).i'll make the food for the crix as soon as i get all the ingredients.sometimes when i mist him he gets a little water in his eye and winks it lol.

Try to get some on his body. Also, for the lettuce, you can use others that have a good water content. That is for moisture. Keep it refrigerated so you can keep it long enough, you can also feed this to Superworms. They love it! Hope this helps

LPR08

Try to get some on his body. Also, for the lettuce, you can use others that have a good water content. That is for moisture. Keep it refrigerated so you can keep it long enough, you can also feed this to Superworms. They love it! Hope this helps

alrighty:).i think i have some lettuce in the fridge,not sure lol.thanks for the help again! if it wasn't for this forum i would be so lost! lol

Lol glad to help :D. I would be pretty lost on some things also if it weren't for this forum. Throw some of that lattuce in their cage, let them eat that up, how many crickets do you have?

Lol glad to help . I would be pretty lost on some things also if it weren't for this forum. Throw some of that lattuce in their cage, let them eat that up, how many crickets do you have?

just did.right now i have about 25

thanks for the help.At 10 cents a cricket,i want them to survive as long as possible lol.oh and another thing, sometimes i put some ice cubes on top on the his cage so he can drink the water droplets from them, is this ok too? i dont have a misting system yet so i do this just to make sure he drinks while im out.

you pay alot for your crickets. try buying some offline. if you have the proper setup you can keep around a thousand and it comes out to 18 dollars off of www.lllreptile.com and it includes shipping, so the crx cum out to be 2 cents each, which is a really good deal, especially if your chameleon is growing as a baby and eats 15 a day, its a real steal!

you pay alot for your crickets. try buying some offline. if you have the proper setup you can keep around a thousand and it comes out to 18 dollars off of www.lllreptile.com and it includes shipping, so the crx cum out to be 2 cents each, which is a really good deal, especially if your chameleon is growing as a baby and eats 15 a day, its a real steal!

thanks for the suggestions.i guess that's why so many people here breed their own crickets to save money lol.$18 for a thousand,wow... i think by the end of this month i'll have all the proper tools/setup to have a few hundred crix at a time.

Mist him for about 5-10 Minutes, try and get some water on his skin because they absorb water thrrough their skin, Let me know how the food works! I put cabbage in the Cricket enclosure yesterday about a leaf and a half and its gone already! They love it! Also, make sure they eat it also because it drys in about a day or two. Hope this helps.

LPR08

Cabbage is bad for chameleons. It's in the same class as spinach and broccoli. It's not a good gutload choice.

Back
Top Bottom