Dead Crickets!

Crickets actually stop moving when it’s to cold. If you put them in heat like under a hot light they can actually come back, it’s kind of creepy. Sometimes my crickets stop moving so I take a light and put it over the container for a couple minutes and they all start moving again. What temperature is the area you keep them in?
It's so weird they like shrivel up overnight. It's not too cold in my house. My room doesn't get too cold.

Well lets be honest, they are really good at playing dead. Even flipped on their back, some of mind still tuck the legs and play dead for as long as possible.
You can put a tiny piece of a leaf in there and they will try to go under it, even if the leaf is way to small.

I keep the bin in my room. It's around 75 degrees. Because I have more than just a cham, I use the crickets to feed my Baby Beardie too. It's hard to feed them both because they keep dying.
That’s really weird I usually buy crickets from petco and let them breed in a container around the same tempeture. It’s weird they would just shrivel up like that.

Where can I get a good amount of them? Petsmart doesn't give enough in 1 cup to feed my reptiles.
I order mine from joshes frogs. Cheapest I've found and you get great feeders. The ones I buy from petsmart just eat each other no matter how much food and space they have. It's pretty frustrating at times, but I have 250 1/8" from Josh's doing great. I have more coming with bsfl also. You can also buy then already gut loaded ready to go for no extra cost.

I order mine from joshes frogs. Cheapest I've found and you get great feeders. The ones I buy from petsmart just eat each other no matter how much food and space they have. It's pretty frustrating at times, but I have 250 1/8" from Josh's doing great. I have more coming with bsfl also. You can also buy then already gut loaded ready to go for no extra cost.
What?! Really? That's awesome!

Been using subscription from Ranbow Mealworms myself, very pleased so far. Crickets I got almost 2 weeks ago are fine. I dont intend to try and breed them myself but they are doing well. Got some dubia also they already had nymphs in them. They were bigger than I thought they should've been though. I ordered the tiny ones. These are almost adults with some small.

Been using subscription from Ranbow Mealworms myself, very pleased so far. Crickets I got almost 2 weeks ago are fine. I dont intend to try and breed them myself but they are doing well. Got some dubia also they already had nymphs in them. They were bigger than I thought they should've been though. I ordered the tiny ones. These are almost adults with some small.
Just ordered from them, crossing fingers!

Just ordered from them, crossing fingers!
So far I've had good luck with them. They're active and healthy. Grew too fast (as crickets do) some got too big for him but they're fine. I love the subscription part. I tried a subscription from Josh's for fruit flies but they ship horribly. The cups would be broken flies running everywhere. The package was fine so I know it's how they put them in there. With the rainbow mealworms I had an issue with my post office. They were supposed to hold for pick up. They put on the delivery anyway. Was gonna have my mother pick them up for me. Time they realized oops this was supposed to be held mom was at work and I couldn't make it before they closed. So they sat an extra night. Didn't hurt them at all. I was worried but not one dead cricket did I see. Have another shipment coming today.

Give your container a good cleaning there are viruses that crickets get. Then work on improving your ventilation and controlling the humidity. Buy from a better source as well.

Back
Top Bottom