Daytona Breeders Expo and Symposium Updates and Pics...

The symposium was AMAZING!!!
Listening to Chris Anderson, Petr Nečas, Nicolà Lutzmann and Wolfgang Schmidt was an honor. I was so bummed that most people left after Anderson. Lutzmann and Schmidt shared some great stuff. Shame on those who left before they spoke. You REALLY missed out.
Now its time to play with my new creatures!

My husband and I stayed for all the speakers and were at the show all day why didn't you look me up and intorduce yourself neighbor?

Im sorry Jann, I just didnt know who was who. I met a few people, but none from the forum. After seeing all the recent photos, I think my girlfriend complemented your dress during the show. Did you purchase any new pets or other fun stuff???

Thanks for the photos :)

Thanks for sharing the photos....I was all set to go to the show but had to cancel my airline and hotel reservations last Monday. My husband who has had heart issues for the last decade started having problems again. He went for tests at the hospital last week and came home for the weekend before having more invasive tests next week. He "crashed" Friday night and is back in the hospital. His heart is not pumping enough blood to supply oxygen and his organs can't work well. They have got him stabilized now but he is in the hospital until they figure things out and do something to "fix" him.

I was super bummed last week about having to cancel but so glad I did. I'm enjoying all the pictures and hope I'll get to meet you all in person next year. I'd appreciate it if any of you who pray, could pray for my hubby. He is such a great husband and so supportive of me and my chameleon hobby. He never complains about the cages all over the house or the expense of feeding and keeping my beauties. I am so lucky to have him and am very worried about him :(

Thanks for sharing the photos....I was all set to go to the show but had to cancel my airline and hotel reservations last Monday. My husband who has had heart issues for the last decade started having problems again. He went for tests at the hospital last week and came home for the weekend before having more invasive tests next week. He "crashed" Friday night and is back in the hospital. His heart is not pumping enough blood to supply oxygen and his organs can't work well. They have got him stabilized now but he is in the hospital until they figure things out and do something to "fix" him.

I was super bummed last week about having to cancel but so glad I did. I'm enjoying all the pictures and hope I'll get to meet you all in person next year. I'd appreciate it if any of you who pray, could pray for my hubby. He is such a great husband and so supportive of me and my chameleon hobby. He never complains about the cages all over the house or the expense of feeding and keeping my beauties. I am so lucky to have him and am very worried about him :(
I am so sorry to hear that. He will be in my prayers. I hope he gets better for you.

OK-Back home!

Let me first say Catherine-you were much missed, but you are in my thoughts and I wish the very best for your husband. Hooray for husbands that tolerate this hobby-mine was an absolute saint this weekend. I am sure he was a little bored at times but he did his best to make sure I had an awesome time!

I do now wish I had stayed for the last two speakers, but those chairs were murder and we were hours past dinner time. We did have a wonderful time with Chad and Darci-people I feel like I have known for so long, but had never met Chad face to face! It was also great to meet Ryan and Lisa, Tyler, Luis and Alejandro (I hope I got your name right), LAURIE AND LEE, who I also have never met and missed last year-they are both such wonderful people! It was great to see Danny and Julie, Josh, Mike (who greeted my Husband with a great, HOW DO YOU PUT UP WITH HER? :) ) Jann and Liz, and Dr. Alfonso. Hope I didn't miss anyone, and if I did rest assured it was great to meet you.
Since I work so many shows, I know many of the vendors, and it is always great to talk to those people.
The auction was pretty funny-they raise alot of money for US ARK-US Association of Reptile Keepers (USARK) is a science and education based advocacy for the responsible private ownership of, and trade in reptiles. They kick it off with a silent auction with tons of items, and then have a live auction with both animals and other misc. items. There is some fun competition going on there! I bid and won on two leopard geckos-I was wanting to get some anyways, and they are obviously not a hot item since I won them both for $15 each. Also got a bulb for $3.50.

If I find anymore good pics-I will post them soon! :)

I pm'd Chris A about info on a dvd and he reponded that he wasnt aware of one being made. Bu that was few weeks before the show. i hope he was mistaken.

Hello? No pictures of my booth on any thread?? Well, bah humbug to you too! :D Just kidding.... I will post some of my pictures when I get back. I'm still here relaxing (for a change) a bit before making the drive home and will post what few pictures I got in a couple of days.

Hello? No pictures of my booth on any thread?? Well, bah humbug to you too! :D Just kidding.... I will post some of my pictures when I get back. I'm still here relaxing (for a change) a bit before making the drive home and will post what few pictures I got in a couple of days.

I would have taken picture of your booth if I had been there. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom