Daylight Savings and Chameleon Keeping

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
So what does everyone do for their timers when it's daylight savings day? I ended up waking my guy up an hour early with his timer so he only got 11hrs of sleep instead of 12. I did this mainly because of my schedule. I work overnights and like to feed him when I get home so he has all day to bask and digest. I was just interested to see what others do on this day and when we are going to fall back again this fall?

So what does everyone do for their timers when it's daylight savings day? I ended up waking my guy up an hour early with his timer so he only got 11hrs of sleep instead of 12. I did this mainly because of my schedule. I work overnights and like to feed him when I get home so he has all day to bask and digest. I was just interested to see what others do on this day and when we are going to fall back again this fall?
I accidentally woke up at almost 9am this morning, then turned on my chams lights. For me I’m still doing 12hr a day. Off at 7pm then back on at 7am every day.

I really enjoyed the extra time, I have an east facing window and have the sun light flow into the room then the light timers kick shortly after I just use the basic outdoor timer so updating the "current time" is effortless. I use a repeat cycle timer on my mist king so I just updated that right before I left for work but only Because you have to cycle through and it Normally starts the cycle after it's updated or reset. Keep fighting the good fight on overnights and 12 hr days y'all we all know silkworms ain't cheap lol.

I really enjoyed the extra time, I have an east facing window and have the sun light flow into the room then the light timers kick shortly after I just use the basic outdoor timer so updating the "current time" is effortless. I use a repeat cycle timer on my mist king so I just updated that right before I left for work but only Because you have to cycle through and it Normally starts the cycle after it's updated or reset. Keep fighting the good fight on overnights and 12 hr days y'all we all know silkworms ain't cheap lol.
Haha right?! My beer money has now become feeder bug money haha

Chams don't wear watches. If it gets light earlier in the am they'll be partially awake earlier. If it gets dark earlier they'll go in to sleep mode earlier regardless what a clock happens to say. It is just an hour's change folks.

Chams don't wear watches. If it gets light earlier in the am they'll be partially awake earlier. If it gets dark earlier they'll go in to sleep mode earlier regardless what a clock happens to say. It is just an hour's change folks.
Haha that was my thought as well. I figured 11hrs of sleep instead of 12hrs for 1 night would be just fine. Like I said I did it so we could stay on a schedule of feeding when I get home from work. Since Chams love their schedules lol. Was just curious :)

I adjust all my times about once a month to match sunrise/sunset. I like the room to still be a little bit light when the lights shut off or turn on.

Back
Top Bottom