Daylight Blue Bulb Eye Damage

If you guys could guess what symptoms of eye damage the daylight blue bulb causes, what would you say? My green bean has eye problems and we are awaiting the vet. Until then im trying my best to figure out what's wrong. She had that bulb for a period of time over 6 months.
I will link the bulb here for y'all. I do not remember the wattage but it was probably 75ish. https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-dayli...d01piGvXbZBa4f88K1AiOIRBESWW7qRxoCkqgQAvD_BwE

Her eye issue problems are listed in a post I made asking about Vitamin A as I've been wondering if maybe her eyes are having issues bc of a deficiency. She has new heating and UVB now.

1) incandescent can not create non terrestrial UVA/UVB/UVC. They can only generate white and a bit of IR.
2) Its blue because they painted it. So its really generating white, and they just filter out the red/green like sunglasses.

I've really never understood this 'daylight blue' thing. Every time we go for eye exams, both the ophthalmologist and optician give us the spiel about blue filters (blocking blue light).

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=blue+light+bad?

That was meant for "displays". On a properly calibrated CRT (not sure about a LCD) blue is 50% of your picture information and 70% of the light output. And its the hardest for your eyeballs to focus, and the hardest on the CRT(its the first tube to get cataract or turn brown).

But for the funny blue light bulbs, i think its just to counteract/correct other "warm" incandescent. Most incandescents are 2500-3000k. Day light is 6500k. So if you shove a superblue 8000-9000 in the chain, maybe it corrects the colors in the room to 6500k?

Any hey if you shove a lizard on the package, people will buy just about anything :p

Here is the new zero watt black light, and just spray paint a bunch of shot bulbs black...

That was meant for "displays". On a properly calibrated CRT (not sure about a LCD) blue is 50% of your picture information and 70% of the light output. And its the hardest for your eyeballs to focus, and the hardest on the CRT(its the first tube to get cataract or turn brown).
Yeah, but they're not recommending them just for computer glasses anymore. Many/most monitors (and even Firefox) have blue filters now (and remember how tech-challenged I am :oops:).

Almost all sunglasses are now blue-blocked/filtered, and it's an option on other types of glasses.

But for the funny blue light bulbs, i think its just to counteract/correct other "warm" incandescent. Most incandescents are 2500-3000k. Day light is 6500k. So if you shove a superblue 8000-9000 in the chain, maybe it corrects the colors in the room to 6500k?
So... people are buying another bulb (and fixture) to make up for the wrong one they got—rather than replace it with the one they should have gotten in the first place? 🤦‍♂️

Any hey if you shove a lizard on the package, people will buy just about anything :p

Here is the new zero watt black light, and just spray paint a bunch of shot bulbs black...
Preaching to the choir... ;)

Don't get me started on why they sell spot lights (instead of flood lights) for basking lights ... :banghead:

Yeah, but they're not recommending them just for computer glasses anymore. Many/most monitors (and even Firefox) have blue filters now (and remember how tech-challenged I am :oops:).

Oh they rabbit hole we shale go...

By use a black magic, they can reduce "harmful" blue light, while keeping the correct color temperature. But there are odds balls such as firefox, that just adjust color temperature so it looks like its doing something, or even "evening mode" that reduces the color temp to warm which may/does help at night for sleep and single point of light (you staring at your monitor/phone in the dark).

This may help a bit with the "good filters". And as you know, your monitor/phone does not put out "white", it puts out RGB and your pea brain interpets that as white. So the "filters" just chop off that 455 and down, which are out side of the dead center blue they are trying to produce.

what-is-low-blue-light-technology.jpg

flicker-free-icon.png

Dude. What part of, "remember how tech-challenged I am," was not clear? 😁

I was just remarking on the inconsistency of blue light being bad for us but (ostensibly) good for reptiles.

As I've been tracking this down, all the hype I've read says the blue is supposed to enhance reptiles' color, which means that—once again—it's for our vanity, and has nothing to do with their health or well-being.

2) Its blue because they painted it. So its really generating white, and they just filter out the red/green like sunglasses.
That's not what ZM claims. (IDK about Zilla)
Zoo Med’s Daylight Blue™ Reptile Bulb is made of a true blue glass (not painted or coated)
https://zoomed.com/daylight-blue-reptile-bulb/
Flukers also says theirs is "Uncoated blue glass".
https://flukerfarms.com/daytime-blue-heating-light/

Dude. What part of, "remember how tech-challenged I am," was not clear? 😁

I was just remarking on the inconsistency of blue light being bad for us but (ostensibly) good for reptiles.

As I've been tracking this down, all the hype I've read says the blue is supposed to enhance reptiles' color, which means that—once again—it's for our vanity, and has nothing to do with their health or well-being.

That's not what ZM claims. (IDK about Zilla)

Flukers also says theirs is "Uncoated blue glass".
https://flukerfarms.com/daytime-blue-heating-light/

Its cobalt glass. So i guess its "technically unpainted" but it really doesnt matter, the bulb isnt putting out more blue, its just putting out less of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom