Day light savings

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
just curious if anybody elses chams seem to be having a problem with day light savings. my little guy Camo seem to really not get it. he is being slow to wake up in the morning and puts himself to bed early. has anyone else noticed anything like this before.

I have noticed the exact same thing....he is going to bed even when it's still light out so I just turn his lights out and close the curtains, but even in the morning when I turn the lights on he looks a little miffed that I turned them on.

Mine did that too. I have a 5 week old male veiled and when i went and turned his llights ojn at 9 am this morning, he was still asleep. I put some crix in his cage and he woke up and crawled on my finger, then went back to sleep on my finger! haha, he eventually woke up and started cage cruising.

Mine did that too. I have a 5 week old male veiled and when i went and turned his llights ojn at 9 am this morning, he was still asleep. I put some crix in his cage and he woke up and crawled on my finger, then went back to sleep on my finger! haha, he eventually woke up and started cage cruising.

Even when kept indoors, most chams react more to the general daylight from house windows even if their cage lights cycle differently. I doubt a single hour's difference means much to them. I don't usually shift my lights in daylight savings. Just not that necessary.

just curious if anybody elses chams seem to be having a problem with day light savings. my little guy Camo seem to really not get it. he is being slow to wake up in the morning and puts himself to bed early. has anyone else noticed anything like this before.

Your cham isn't having the problem, its behaving consistent with its given photoperiod.
Altering your photoperiod to match daylight hours outside,
will see your lizard adjust accordingly given time.
Your cham cant tell the time nor does it care less.
Beware adjusting photoperiod for young animals to match winter days is not necessary,
and its preferred to keep your lizard from brumation during its peak growth period.
Conversly a lizard may not respond to artificial photoperiods where natural cues,
such as rapidly dropping night temps (winter) shorter natural daylight hours etc may trigger natural behaviours.
(see brumation), and vice versa.
I recommend gradual changes of perhaps 5-10 mins a week until you match natural daylight hours.
cheers :)

basically it is closer to reg day light cycles now as i run from 730 to 730, this time cycle allows me time to tend to them both before and after work, and being that my Camo cant eat without me i need to be there when they are awake. thx for all the advise

Back
Top Bottom