day 55

Shawntea

My pygmy cham eggs are at day 55 today in incubation. The suspense is driving me crazy. This is my first clutch, and I am just wondering how much longer? The eggs have a great humidity level in the container, and temps have consistently been in the low to mid 70's. Eggs are big and plump, and show vessels and dark shapes when candled. How much longer?!

It will happen when you least expect it. Or go away for a few days. :rolleyes: Seems like most of my pygmy eggs hatched at the 3 month mark. So your about a month away if you discovered them right after they were laid. Most pygmy eggs are discovered after a little tank cleaning/maintenance.

Last edited:
55 days are nothing compared to Veiled eggs that took 7 and a half months. Plus gestation period. :rolleyes:

Exactly what Steve stated. It happens when you least expect it! Mine are just starting to hatch as of yesterday.

wow, looking at some of the other incubation periods makes me thankful the little-ums come so fast. Did find them right after, actually saw her lay and left alone for 3 days aside from food and mist to ensure she was done. I took them outta tank so they aren't mistaken for a snack when they hatch.

My first pyg clutch took 84 days to hatch so you may still be a ways off! Or they may hatch any day now too! It seems like as soon as you give up that's when they hatch. And good move taking them out to incubate since I lost one to his mom trying to munch his head when he hatched.

Back
Top Bottom