Dark spots while sleeping

Khrysjam

Hi everyone,

I went in to mist Luna like I do every night before I go to bed. She is usually really light green when she is sleeping.

Tonight I walked in and she had dark spots all over. Sometimes this happens if the water hits her when I’m misting the plants but never beforehand. Is this normal?

Any insight appreciated!
2BDBF32C-51A9-4B03-8EC6-85617EB3C452.jpeg

When you hit her with the water, this could be her reaction in her sleep (agitated by the water drops) or maybe there's feeder running free, that's bothering her or walked across her. See this every 1 out of 10 nights with my parsons, because there're free range feeders in her enclosure.

Aww…so sweet when they’re sleeping. 🤗 How old is she? Has she gotten any of her big girl colors yet?
I honestly don’t have a clue. I’ve posted in here before to get an idea. I adopted her and have only had her for about a month or so. Best guesses here were 6-9 months ish.

What colors would those be?

When you hit her with the water, this could be her reaction in her sleep (agitated by the water drops) or maybe there's feeder running free, that's bothering her or walked across her. See this every 1 out of 10 nights with my parsons, because there're free range feeders in her enclosure.
I’ve seen her do this when the water hits her, but this was before I even sprayed that’s why I was confused. I cup feed her by hand so there aren’t any feeders free ranging.

I honestly don’t have a clue. I’ve posted in here before to get an idea. I adopted her and have only had her for about a month or so. Best guesses here were 6-9 months ish.

What colors would those be?
The big girl colors are usually teal and yellow or orange. When our sweet little girls reach reproductive age, they get their pretty colors and patterns and often get restless in their desire/search for a male. It can occur as young as 5-6 months old. Once they get their colors, they don’t return to solid green again. Here’s pics of one of my girls to give you an idea.
This is Stella. First pic is before she got her colors. Usually she just has dark patterns, but those can/do brighten up at times.
5743B0F2-0810-4F6D-A547-6C79F63050F3.jpeg 29C43920-B905-42A5-AEDB-D9F2C5B60CF5.jpeg B9F0C089-0EDD-4719-9CF1-F1E18174F66A.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I went in to mist Luna like I do every night before I go to bed. She is usually really light green when she is sleeping.

Tonight I walked in and she had dark spots all over. Sometimes this happens if the water hits her when I’m misting the plants but never beforehand. Is this normal?

Any insight appreciated! View attachment 328358
I dont think she is fully asleep. Her eyes are not relaxed enough! she is faking you out and pretend sleeping. She is darlingm

The big girl colors are usually teal and yellow or orange. When our sweet little girls reach reproductive age, they get their pretty colors and patterns and often get restless in their desire/search for a male. It can occur as young as 5-6 months old. Once they get their colors, they don’t return to solid green again. Here’s pics of one of my girls to give you an idea.
This is Stella. First pic is before she got her colors. Usually she just has dark patterns, but those can/do brighten up at times.
View attachment 328361View attachment 328362View attachment 328363
I’ve never seen her with that bright of colors. This is what she looked like today when I pulled her for when drops!

D88D2562-74A3-4A02-B044-6736AC61F60B.jpeg

My chameleon does this when I turn nearby light on when he sleeping . He also has the spot when I’m doing something he doesn’t like. Reaching my hand or feed him when he do not want to eat.

I’d have to agree with you about the loose feeder because my Cham gets bothered when crickets are walking all over his “chill spots”

Or I think it could also her big girl colors coming in and since they are lighter in color when they you can now see that coloration coming in

Back
Top Bottom