dark colored veiled

whysoez420

my veiled seems to be more of a darker almost brown color most of the time.
what could cause this? could it be his natural color is dark? when i first got him he was about a month old and more of a lime green. there is a couple pics below so you can see. thanks for any input.

Well that's part of your issue.

His basking temp is a bit low, try getting that temp up to like 85 and see if his color changes.

How much foliage is in his cage?

whats his basking temp at now>

It says 90 I don't know if that's correct or not.
And there is lots of foliage, a decent amount anyway. I have a big 3.5 foot tall shefflera (umbrella plant) in his cage.

It says 90 I don't know if that's correct or not.
And there is lots of foliage, a decent amount anyway. I have a big 3.5 foot tall shefflera (umbrella plant) in his cage.

That's way too warm for a baby IMHO. They go through a brown stage. At least all my veileds did. Does he turn green when you take him out and hold him?

What are you using to measure te temps?

also, some younger veileds tend to stay a browner color.

That's way too warm for a baby IMHO. They go through a brown stage. At least all my veileds did. Does he turn green when you take him out and hold him?

Yes he does. Or when he's really munching down on food almost like he's really enjoying it.

They are usually happy when out of the cage and turn their pretty colors. He's probably happy when eating too. :) I don't think you have a temp problem. I'd keep him in the lower 80's. I'd also recommend you get a digital temp gun.

They are usually happy when out of the cage and turn their pretty colors. He's probably happy when eating too. :) I don't think you have a temp problem. I'd keep him in the lower 80's. I'd also recommend you get a digital temp gun.

Ok :) I do have a temp gun it just makes me wonder if its accurate somebtimes.

My Veiled is light green when he is asleep otherwise he is darker shades of brown and green. He is already 7 or 8 months old though.

Back
Top Bottom