Dark color

BIGTUNA

why is my baby panther chameleon so dark when he is just chilling in his cage?any reasons besides being stressed out because i don't want him to be stressed about something I'm not aware of.

well the other chance is that most chams will darken up when they are trying to absorb more light mine does this any time he wants to soak up all the rays and heat he can

I have the same problem so far. I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to figure out what's the problem. I've had my panther cham for a solid 2 days. The breede whom I purchased from my Cham said it's maybe the light set up. I have a 5.0 ubv light wich is 13w and a 60w blue daylight bulb. He's still a dark color. His temp readings are 72f and 65 humidity. I'm not sure if it's just stress from his move or what. Any help will be great.

I have the same problem so far. I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to figure out what's the problem. I've had my panther cham for a solid 2 days. The breede whom I purchased from my Cham said it's maybe the light set up. I have a 5.0 ubv light wich is 13w and a 60w blue daylight bulb. He's still a dark color. His temp readings are 72f and 65 humidity. I'm not sure if it's just stress from his move or what. Any help will be great.
if you have only had him 2 days thats not enough time for him to adjust he needs at least a week.

why is my baby panther chameleon so dark when he is just chilling in his cage?any reasons besides being stressed out because i don't want him to be stressed about something I'm not aware of.
how long have you had him how old is he and how big is his cage.

Post a picture of him. He's probably a darker shade to help absorb the heat from your heat source. My panther turns dark green with dark red/black bars when he's basking.

This is him. He also naps idk if that's normal too.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 111
Taking a shot on the dark (no pun) but when they are warming up especially in the morning they turn dark to absorb more heat. They often lean to one side and darken more on the side to the light source. If they are dark on one side lighter on the other then no worries. That's pretty normal if you have you temps in line with the care sheet. They can also be dark from stress or illness. If they are new to your home and set up stress if very likely. They need tons of hiding places to feel safe and I know this is the hard part they need minimal activity around them. If they are eating and drinking after a couple of days of settling in with brown solid poop and white urates you are golden. Other wise you should go to the how to ask for help thread and fill out the details to find out what's going on.

Taking a shot on the dark (no pun) but when they are warming up especially in the morning they turn dark to absorb more heat. They often lean to one side and darken more on the side to the light source. If they are dark on one side lighter on the other then no worries. That's pretty normal if you have you temps in line with the care sheet. They can also be dark from stress or illness. If they are new to your home and set up stress if very likely. They need tons of hiding places to feel safe and I know this is the hard part they need minimal activity around them. If they are eating and drinking after a couple of days of settling in with brown solid poop and white urates you are golden. Other wise you should go to the how to ask for help thread and fill out the details to find out what's going on.
He's eating a drinking water. This is his new home we just got him. I saw him poop when my gf was handling him.

This is him. He also naps idk if that's normal too.
No, it is not normal for him to nap during the day.

My suggestion would be to go to the health clinic and start your own thread, copy and paste the How to ask for Help questions and fill in your answers. Something is off. Do you have a basking light? You are keeping all lights off at night? These are questions that will be answered by filling in the questions and from there we can help guide you.

For the Other two saying your Cham is dark, I would suggest the same as above. Fill out the questions and we can see if there might be anything we can see. Also pics of the enclosures would be helpful too.

No, it is not normal for him to nap during the day.

My suggestion would be to go to the health clinic and start your own thread, copy and paste the How to ask for Help questions and fill in your answers. Something is off. Do you have a basking light? You are keeping all lights off at night? These are questions that will be answered by filling in the questions and from there we can help guide you.
Thanks I will look into this. But since I'm a new member I don't think I can start my own threads just yet.

Back
Top Bottom